How do I Defog my Tucson without turning on the engine? (PHEV)

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ysokary

Post by ysokary »

Hello all

I have a Hyundai Tucson Phev and when it’s rainy like it is now as I speak I have to turn on my climate to Defog the car. Now if I put the temperature on anything over 17c the engine turns on. If I keep it on low it does not do that (not sure if this will be the case in winter) but guess what it gets cold in the vehicle. So is there away I can do this wilthout the engine turning on? Especially when it’s not that cold just rainy which cases mist in the car

Thanks for any help in advance

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

A dehumidifier is the only option, or breathe through a snorkel out the window
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Oreo22

Post by Oreo22 »

It all depends on the temperature of your cooling system. I find if I direct airflow with out using the front or rear defrost button, the engine stays off up 20 degrees. If it the first journey of the day then the engine comes on to warm up water and oil . If I have been running around on the battery, the battery heats the coolent up enough for 20 c . Its a shame as the Toyota has heat pump hyundia need to work on heat recovery better.
The minute you touch the auto defrost buttons your engine comes on . I keep my a/c on all the time even at lower temperature it removes moisture from air stopping fogging up. You should never turn your ac/ climate control off it not good for it or the refrigerant to be turned off I keep mine at 18 to 19 all the time unless very hot then low. Engine does not kick in until about 20

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post