How do I stop the doors from locking.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
mattytun

Post by mattytun »

Hi, how do I stop the doors on my hyundai tucson from locking automatically it's good in a way, but I would rather control them manually.
hyundai tucson 1.6 tgdi 48 vmhd premium Automatic

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Under what circumstances? Have you just unlocked? Jus got out of the car? Just set off?

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
mattytun

Post by mattytun »

alan sh wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:42 pm Under what circumstances? Have you just unlocked? Jus got out of the car? Just set off?

Alan
Hi, it's when im driving off they lock they must be on some sort of auto lock.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I think there's a setting for that. Have a browse.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

It’s in vehicle settings > door > auto lock.

You can change the setting from the Bluelink app or do it in the car.
mattytun

Post by mattytun »

Mar10 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:41 pm It’s in vehicle settings > door > auto lock.

You can change the setting from the Bluelink app or do it in the car.
Hi, I've found out how to do it on the screen.
DennyA

Post by DennyA »

Enjoying my new 2024 Tucson Limited Hybrid.
The doors lock when I I begin to move forward (low speed) and cannot be unlocked until I shift into Park (or turn off the vehicle). Instantly re-locks all doors when I press the "unlock" button while in motion. Yes, I've gone to the menu to select "No" to the auto lock feature, but that option is no longer in the menu. I have only two choices: autolock (speed) or autolock (select a gear). It seems someone has decided that my doors MUST be locked - and I have no choice in the matter.
My 2007 Santa Fe and my 2012 Genesis did the same thing, but there was a key-fob combination that disabled this unwanted "feature". Has anyone discovered how to disable the Auto Lock feature in the newer Tucsons?
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

mattytun wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:36 pm it's good in a way, but I would rather control them manually.
As I can’t understand the problem, I can’t suggest anything. I have mine set just as I like them.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

DennyA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:42 pm Enjoying my new 2024 Tucson Limited Hybrid.
The doors lock when I I begin to move forward (low speed) and cannot be unlocked until I shift into Park (or turn off the vehicle). Instantly re-locks all doors when I press the "unlock" button while in motion. Yes, I've gone to the menu to select "No" to the auto lock feature, but that option is no longer in the menu. I have only two choices: autolock (speed) or autolock (select a gear). It seems someone has decided that my doors MUST be locked - and I have no choice in the matter.
My 2007 Santa Fe and my 2012 Genesis did the same thing, but there was a key-fob combination that disabled this unwanted "feature". Has anyone discovered how to disable the Auto Lock feature in the newer Tucsons?
You have a 'Limited' edition so your model isn't a UK model. Not that I've tried this, but in my version of Bluelink I have the following settings.

Screenshot_20240319_200738_Bluelink.jpg

DennyA

Post by DennyA »

Thanks for the very useful input. Menu here is different in one critical respect... The "OFF" option under Auto Lock is missing.
It seems Hyundai-USA has decided force lock all doors while the vehicle is in motion.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post