Automatic boot

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Tingly

Post by Tingly »

Hi there
Just on the cusp of ordering a tuscon when husband mentioned automatic boots! Can anyone tellme if the te ultimate has one of these please? We need one as have mobility issues. Thanks

XADE

Post by XADE »

It does, I've barely used it but it's definitely got it's purpose if you need it.

Just be near it with the key on you and it will begin to beep and open after a couple of seconds.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Tingly

Post by Tingly »

Ooh great, thankyou. I looked at a video on youtube from ireland and the man on there said it didnt and i panicked!
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Are you in the UK or Ireland, as the specs differ from country to country?
Berty

Post by Berty »

Ultimate is not in Ireland but some in Ireland do, they are called Executive Plus. I think they are referring to the blonde haired fellow from the Midlands in Ireland who does videos on Tucsons from a Hyundai garage. It was about 2 years ago and he didn't even know the car had it first of all until a mechanic or somebody showed him. If your specification has an electric boot then you can toggle the option for automatic boot on/off in the settings.

Personally I have it toggled off on my PHEV and PHEV owners might agree, you go to plug/unplug your car in and because you're near the boot the boot opens even though you don't want it to.

Speaking of that guy, I only knew because of his Video(in advance of getting my Tucson) that you could increase the amps running through the Granny cable because of his video. Same guy also remarked about remote start which WAS an option in Ireland but they removed it(I think his video was edited with a pop up saying it is gone) so my own car key has 3 buttons, with the bottom button missing assuming to be remote start.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Dacker

Post by Dacker »

My Tucson 230 hybrid self charge ultimate has automatic boot open/close function.
I just hold the boot button on the key fob, then it beeps and opens the boot for me, then I close it by pushing the button on the boot.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate 230 hybrid in serenity white
smithy67

Post by smithy67 »

The ultimate tailgate can be set to open without pressing the key fob, but the fob needs to be with you. Stand within a few feet of the tailgate, it will beep a few times then open. Handy if your hands are full. If I recall, the settings under "door" in the settings menu.
Les

Ultimate 230 HEV sunset red
Ordered 29th January 2022
Collected 14th August 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post