Tucson facelift spotted testing in S.Korea & Germany

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Like in South Korea, the new Tucson is undergoing extensive road testing in Europe as well, where Hyundai has a strategic R&D center in Rüsselsheim (Germany), just half an hour’s drive from Frankfurt.

The facelifted Hyundai Tucson has a new radiator grille featuring horizontal bars in a criss-cross pattern, which makes it reminiscent of the Hyundai Santa Cruz.
Aside from a revised grille, we expect the new Hyundai Tucson to have new front and rear lights, fresh bumpers, and restyled wheels.
Auto Express says the Tucson could potentially take on more of the Ioniq-inspired design language seen on the new Kona, with some pixelated lights.

Hyundai’s new Kona has upgraded to dual 12.3-inch screens sitting next to each other on the dash - similar to the Kia Sportage’s layout. The 10.25-inch infotainment screen on the current Tucson will probably be kept for this facelift, however, the car perhaps gaining some more modest infotainment design tweaks and new functions.

2024 Hyundai Tucson spyshots-2.jpg

2024 Hyundai Tucson spyshots-3.jpg

2025-Hyundai-Tucson-facelift-front-three-quarter.jpg

Al94

Post by Al94 »

This was reported back in March for the 2024 model and will start to be available in the Autumn. https://www.motor1.com/news/668423/hyun ... spy-shots/
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Just a thought - if the changes were only cosmetic, bumpers, lights, grill etc I doubt there would be a requirement for extensive road testing. Must be more to it, hopefully including larger batteries and more powerful electric motors for one.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Philr

Post by Philr »

The pics from Germany look like it was towing something really heavy given how low the back of the car is sitting, which could just be to test handling characteristics and/or drivetrain changes I guess.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Berty

Post by Berty »

I'll reserve judgement mainly on the grille and headlights because it won't be the same on different specs and in different countries. In Ireland the most popular model here(also the cheapest, go figure) doesn't have front LED headlights or any LEDs on the rear for a start and their front indicator is down with the headlights, not with the DRLs, also the DRLs themselves aren't parametric but I'm sure that is the same across countries.

If it is just headlights and a Grille then I wouldn't be rushing to the dealership myself for a facelift upgrade. When I bought my 2016 Seat Leon 6 months later they had a facelift and then it was a change to the grille and changed the headlights slightly, with then converting the fog lights from halogen to LED. I noticed the different but the dog on the street might not even notice.

Speaking of facelifts. I know in the UK the Kuga has always been a strong seller but not in recent years. The current(outgoing) model is kind of ugly and I understand sales dropped globally. August 24 we expect to see the new facelift version. Honestly if you buy a 2023 Kuga today you are getting tech from 2016. It is WAY overdue a facelift, and not just aesthetic stuff either, in my opinion.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post