Wireless Carplay/Android Auto

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
mah006

Post by mah006 »

Looks like Wireless Carplay/Android Auto is coming to most of us hopefully :D

N Line S HEV Shadow Grey

Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

mah006 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:54 am Looks like Wireless Carplay/Android Auto is coming to most of us.
That's promising news, well spotted. Let's hope the NX4 is on the list of applicable retrospective update models. I was told by the dealer that the hardware to support AA/ACP was not installed, so a software update would not provide the feature. I do hope they were wrong.
Berty

Post by Berty »

I wouldn't believe what a dealer says as I have often found most dealerships to be quite "wanting" in their own knowledge of their own cars. If my own NX4 can activate Android Auto using Bluetooth as it does only this morning playing both Tunein Radio and Spotify without being plugged in then surely there is a pathway to not needing a hardware upgrade to also see the maps. However, bluetooth really eats the battery but maybe that is the way that all Wireless AA works, I don't know.

I have said before that If you start navigating on google maps and then turn on the NAV and then navigate using Hyundai and then turn back on Android Auto Google Maps the AA has stopped navigating so has provided priority to Hyundai. I have my STAR button assigned to Android Auto so won't bother me if the NAV/MAP button goes to Hyundai as I can press the star button and go to AA anyway.

Anyway, hopefully we see it, NX4 is still the current model as such.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

Berty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:22 pm I wouldn't believe what a dealer says as I have often found most dealerships to be quite "wanting" in their own knowledge of their own cars. If my own NX4 can activate Android Auto using Bluetooth as it does only this morning playing both Tunein Radio and Spotify without being plugged in then surely there is a pathway to not needing a hardware upgrade to also see the maps. However, bluetooth really eats the battery but maybe that is the way that all Wireless AA works, I don't know.

I have said before that If you start navigating on google maps and then turn on the NAV and then navigate using Hyundai and then turn back on Android Auto Google Maps the AA has stopped navigating so has provided priority to Hyundai. I have my STAR button assigned to Android Auto so won't bother me if the NAV/MAP button goes to Hyundai as I can press the star button and go to AA anyway.

Anyway, hopefully we see it, NX4 is still the current model as such.
I'm sure Wireless ACP/AA requires a WiFi connection to work correctly. This is what the 3rd party AAWireless/Motorola MA1 etc dongles provide. So if the car has a 'dormant' wifi adapter we should be OK. Fingers crossed. 🤞
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I thought that port inside had been used by the navigation system and was not recodeable for anything else

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
XADE

Post by XADE »

I've read quite a few reasons for it not working, although I'm not sure anything from Hyundai has been explained.

Would be a bonus to work, even though the nav is perfectly good imo. The only thing I'd like is easier access to YouTube Music playlists and albums.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

If true, hopefully faster than the Toyota integration. Beyond slow…

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post