Oil cap cover

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
SCB

Post by SCB »

Has anyone had problems in removing the oil cap cover (cowl). Mine seems very hard to remove and I'm afraid that if I use force it will break. Do I just pull it off or is there a specific knack of doing it?
When I asked the dealer I was told that I need to force it but if it broke then they would charge me to replace it-not covered by warrantee. I don't need to add oil at present but any advice would be welcome.

terryp

Post by terryp »

I have had the same thought, although I haven't yet had the need to try to remove it. There doesn't seem to be any advice on how you should do it so if the need arises I think the best course of action would be take the car to the nearest Hyundai dealer and ask them to remove it while you observe how it is done.
That way, if any damage occurs as a result, they will be responsible.
I have never experienced such a situation and can only think that Hyundai don't want an end user to keep the oil topped up.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

SCB wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:20 am Has anyone had problems in removing the oil cap cover (cowl). Mine seems very hard to remove and I'm afraid that if I use force it will break. Do I just pull it off or is there a specific knack of doing it?
I couldn't find a Tucson-specific video, but it's very similar to the following. My cover was much tighter than the one in the video; just try and do one or two of the 'pegs' at a time, rather than trying to pull the whole cover off in one go.

N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post