Media/MP3 player help

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
past caring

Post by past caring »

Hi. I have a new Hyundai Tucson Estate 1.6 TGDi 48V MHD 180 Ultimate 5dr 4WD DCT. Took delivery just over a month ago. I cannot get the media player to recognise my Ipod Classic - it's been into the dealer for a SatNav/software update an I know it's not solvable - the Ipod is just too old to be recognised and plugging in a Bluetooth transmitter won't work (the car stereo just doesn't recognise it, but the transmitter is definitely working).

So I'm going to need a new MP3 player that the system will actually recognise - but I've got absolutely no idea. I am not buying an IPhone. Any thoughts/recommendations for something that will actually work?

Here's a few photos of the system in case that helps....

Thanks in advance.

thumbnail5 - Copy.jpg

thumbnail4 - Copy.jpg

thumbnail3 - Copy.jpg

thumbnail1 - Copy.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Al94

Post by Al94 »

All you need is a USB memory stick, put all your music on it and the car will recognise and play via USB music - recommend you get a short usb lead as the car ports can be a bit fragile and I would avoid too much plugging and unplugging!.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Yeah I was just going to say the same, a USB stick in the port on the left and all your music should be recognised. You can navigate through all the folder structure and play music straight from the cars interface then.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

past caring wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:38 pm I cannot get the media player to recognise my Ipod Classic - it's been into the dealer for a SatNav/software update and I know it's not solvable - the Ipod is just too old to be recognised.
It may be that it doesn't recognise the file format used. Manufacturers used to baulk at paying the necessary fees to Apple and Microsoft, though they seem to have relented of late. I assume the Ipod presents itself as a FAT-formatted disk, when plugged into a PC or Mac?
Mar10 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:26 pm Yeah I was just going to say the same, a USB stick in the port on the left and all your music should be recognised.
In case you'd not realised, the right-hand port is for power only. I spent quite a while being annoyed that my high-def WMA files weren't being recognised, through being plugged into the wrong port :roll:
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
past caring

Post by past caring »

@ Phil Hornby - yes, realised the difference with the two ports. It's definitely the right format, works with Windows 10 fine. In fact, the system actually recognises it's plugged in - I get a message to the effect that "Charging only is supported for this IPhone" - so it knows it is there and it knows it is Apple software.

@ Mar10 & AI94 - cheers - so there's effectively an integrated player? I can just drop the files off my PC onto a USB stick and they'll play?
Adi.h

Post by Adi.h »

I am waiting for my Tucson to come yet. In my present car I tried to use an iPod classic when I first got it but the iPod was not recognised. Too old technology I think. So I sold my iPod classic to CEX and got a 6th generation iPod touch which works like an iPhone but without the phone part. That worked on my 22 reg car and also meant I could just transfer iTunes to the new iPod touch.
Hyundai Tucson Ultimate, Hybrid in Sunset Red with Tech Pack, bought September 2023.
past caring

Post by past caring »

OK - just experimented. Stuck a few of my old reggae dub/DJ mixes which weren't in ITunes onto a USB stick and it works fine. Navigation also fine. Next - tried dragging and dropping stuff out of ITunes onto the USB stick and that also works fine. Next thing is to to find a USB stick large enough. :)

Also, I suppose the one thing that I will miss is is the inability to put the IPod on shuffle - I think this system requires you to manually select? Yes you can move to the next track from the steering wheel controls, but I don't think you can just set the thing up to shuffle?
Philr

Post by Philr »

I just use a media player on my Android phone and bluetooth it :-)
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
EJH

Post by EJH »

past caring wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:58 pm
Also, I suppose the one thing that I will miss is is the inability to put the IPod on shuffle - I think this system requires you to manually select? Yes you can move to the next track from the steering wheel controls, but I don't think you can just set the thing up to shuffle?
I think you can set the head unit to shuffle your USB music. I'm sure I did that before I started using android auto.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post