Build quality and durability

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

To those of you who are lucky enough to have a squeak/rattle free Tuscon I’m jealous, I have posted before about our on going build quality issues from the miss aligned dash, creaking sunroof and passenger seat, rattling rear seats and the numerous squeaks and rattles, what’s interesting is my son has a Tuscon N Line S which is two months older than ours, his is squeak and rattle free, wind and road noise seem slightly less as well, having driven both back to back on our appalling roads it’s like they are two completely different vehicles.
Having just spent a wonderful 15 days in the Netherlands we enjoyed squeak and rattle free driving for the most part of the holiday, ride quality was limo like and the car was a joy to drive, just a shame on returning home everything returned to normal, squeaks, rattles, fidgety ride, the roads of Lincolnshire aren’t the best and certainly bring out the worst in our Tucson.

Tuscon Ultimate Hybrid.

3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

The interior build quality seems good, bit the body panels are a different matter.
The rear drivers side door when closed doesn't shut flush with the rear wing but (at the door handle end) but juts out slightly. You can see the difference when comparing it with the other side.
One other thing is the petrol filler flap, it definitely doesn't sit square. I need that looking at since other owners have complained that the filler flap sometimes wont open.
Compared to my 7yr old CRV the Tucson is not as good body quality wise.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post