Build quality and durability

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
DrMaturin

Post by DrMaturin »

A month on from delivery and a few thoughts. Fuel consumption is better than expected, nudging slowly to 50 mpg. Just tipped over 1000 miles. Mostly A roads and local with about 100 motorway.

But the trim quality may leave a lot to be desired. Sharp plastic edges at the bottom edge of the seats were unexpected but giving the interior a dust, the top of the dash was flexing without much pressure. I haven’t seen such flimsy trim since my old Alfa 155. Very surprising really given the so called premium feel claimed reviewers. My outgoing Sportage felt much sturdier.

23my Tucson Ultimate 230 hybrid.

XADE

Post by XADE »

Sounds like you have trim issues better resolved by a local dealership, my 1 yr old car has perfect trim, other than a slight door rattle that will be resolved by the dealership tomorrow.

Much sturdier than my previous Nissan Qashqai, although my MPG on "mostly A roads" would have been in the 60's unfortunately.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
DrMaturin

Post by DrMaturin »

Not sure what a dealer can do with a flexible dashboard? Try it on your own car, it gives very easy under slight pressure. Not what I expected when you are being sold a ‘premium’ product. I just think it makes the car feel a bit cheap. My old 2011 original i40 was much sturdier.
XADE

Post by XADE »

DrMaturin wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:35 pm Not sure what a dealer can do with a flexible dashboard? Try it on your own car, it gives very easy under slight pressure. Not what I expected when you are being sold a ‘premium’ product. I just think it makes the car feel a bit cheap. My old 2011 original i40 was much sturdier.
Mine barely moves? Perhaps book it in.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

The interior build quality and fit / finish inside are one of the things that has impressed me most about mine (n line s). I’m surprised you’re having issues with quality. I hope it’s not a case of them cheapening some materials as production continues to help the bottom line.
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

I'm impressed with the build quality of mine. Six months in there are no rattles and all feels solid. The only thing I would change in this regard is for some sort of exterior door panel dampening so that they don't sound as tinny when you pull and release the door handles. Having said that they feel like the doors of a vault compared to my wife's Honda, just not so great compared to my previous Skoda.
Tucson SE Connect 1.6 TGDI Manual, Shimmering Silver
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Mine is rattling more and more, i emptied all door pockets and basically everything non car related but still get annoying noises, the sun roof is still creaking a lot although i do still love the car and with music on i cant hear it
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
mork23

Post by mork23 »

Nashy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:47 am Mine is rattling more and more, i emptied all door pockets and basically everything non car related but still get annoying noises, the sun roof is still creaking a lot although i do still love the car and with music on i cant hear it
Exactly this for me, too. Thank god the sound system is better than my old Tiguan to hide the noises. I do find when I've got passengers that these disappear leading me to believe they're seat related.
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal
Beards

Post by Beards »

mork23 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:15 pm
Nashy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:47 am Mine is rattling more and more, i emptied all door pockets and basically everything non car related but still get annoying noises, the sun roof is still creaking a lot although i do still love the car and with music on i cant hear it
Exactly this for me, too. Thank god the sound system is better than my old Tiguan to hide the noises. I do find when I've got passengers that these disappear leading me to believe they're seat related.
I get one weird noise after another in every car I own…. Simple answer for me being:- Place the wife in the front seat and I hear nothing but her good self devoting her time in providing me with endless instructions!
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Beards wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:42 am Place the wife in the front seat and I hear nothing but her good self devoting her time in providing me with endless instructions!
In my case, a few creaks, rattles or squeaks would be preferable! Sadly, as yet, I haven’t noticed any......and, and!.....SWMBO has taken to fiddling with the satnav, the music, the air-con and airflow direction. I wouldn’t dream of touching any of those functions in her car. How very dare she! :oops:
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post