Windows up

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

The wife found a new feature I never realised this car had! Whilst driving to collect our son from Heathrow she drove through the tunnel near the airport with the windows down the car then automatically closed all the windows because of poor air quality which is pretty cool!!! Other techie features I find very annoying though, like having to select who the bloody driver is every time you start up! The sat nav is pants too!
We’ve now had the car 14 months and still very pleased with it

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Ram man wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:31 pm Other techie features I find very annoying though, like having to select who the bloody driver is every time you start up!
I have multiple driver profiles setup in my car and it always defaults to me so it only ever gets changed if my partner uses their profile, so majority of time I just get in and set off, no need to fiddle with profiles. Am I misunderstanding you're frustration?
old man

Post by old man »

Ram man wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:31 pm The wife found a new feature I never realised this car had! Whilst driving to collect our son from Heathrow she drove through the tunnel near the airport with the windows down the car then automatically closed all the windows because of poor air quality which is pretty cool!!! Other techie features I find very annoying though, like having to select who the bloody driver is every time you start up! The sat nav is pants too!
We’ve now had the car 14 months and still very pleased with it

Which model do you have ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Berty

Post by Berty »

Yes, your AC will also change near/entering a Tunnel. Mine does it before even getting into the tunnel. It turns on recirculation and turns on AC and then afterwards goes back to the previous settings once I leave the tunnel. I've not entered a tunnel with the windows down so that might be cool. I did see it in the settings when I got the car. For me a prompt popped up on the dashboard when I got to the tunnel, only yesterday even, saying something about air quality on the top of the screen.

There is an obvious map related reason it knows this(I assume) but when a few minutes later I went deep into an underground car park it didn't come on which would also be poor air quality.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
old man

Post by old man »

Is this a feature on all models or just certain ones.
Im asking purely out of interest as I never drive with the windows open when I have air con. If there's a glass roof fitted, driving with the windows open puts extra stress on it.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
NlineSStu

Post by NlineSStu »

I have experienced this in a tunnel when I had my windows open when approaching it. But yes, never in an underground car park!
N Line S HEV in Shadow Grey, 72-plate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post