How do I know my ventilated wireless charger is working?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ysokary

Post by ysokary »

Hi guys

I have been using the wireless charger for the last 2 days and after charging it my phone is quite warm. Is my ventilated charger working?

Or does it only cool it slightly

Thanks

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

I dont think it provides any active cooling, just passive.
Mines is the same and can get hot.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
ysokary

Post by ysokary »

Unimatrix wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:47 pm I dont think it provides any active cooling, just passive.
Mines is the same and can get hot.
I see I can only imagine how hot the phone would be if he did not have the ventilation

Also do you or anyone know if the wireless charger uses the normal 12 volt battery or does it use the plug in hybrid battery?
Wersi

Post by Wersi »

If its like my 2019 Tucson there was a little green light came on just above the actual charger.
Tucson N-Line Hybrid 230
Shimmering Silver
Bought new on 31/3/23

UK
EJH

Post by EJH »

I used to wirelessly charge mine whilst still in the plastic phone case protector. Charged ok, but got warm, now I'm using Android Auto wireless as well it gets way too warm. So much so, the phone went into thermal shutdown.
Once out of the case though it functioned well.
Protective covers are all well and good, but not good for thermal needs.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
ysokary

Post by ysokary »

EJH wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:42 pm I used to wirelessly charge mine whilst still in the plastic phone case protector. Charged ok, but got warm, now I'm using Android Auto wireless as well it gets way too warm. So much so, the phone went into thermal shutdown.
Once out of the case though it functioned well.
Protective covers are all well and good, but not good for thermal needs.
Can I ask how do you have wireless android auto? Is that a new update I have missed? Haha
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

ysokary wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:40 pm
Can I ask how do you have wireless android auto? Is that a new update I have missed? Haha
There is not a software update and there will not be one as the hardware is not there to support it.

You can buy AA/Carplay wireless adaptors. The Motorola MA1 and AAWireless adaptors seem to be the most favoured on this forum as far as I can tell. They plugin to the left hand USB port and you connect wirelessly from your phone.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post