Windscreen wipers

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
BP77

Post by BP77 »

Change the wiper blades and screenwash on a 6 day old car that's done less than 250 miles? That's an expensive hobby. The blades on my last car were 2.5 years old and I used cheap nasty supermarket premix screenwash, no problems driving the same route days earlier.
XADE wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:06 pm
BP77 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:59 pm N Line S 2023 (less than 250 miles on the clock)

Had the car for less than a week, there were quite a few bugs out yesterday (mainly greenfly) and the windscreen ended up covered in them with the brand new wipers doing absolutely nothing to shift them, I must have used half a tank of screenwash seeing if I could clear them. A light swipe with a microfibre cloth cleaned them so it's not as if they were some super-sticky variety of bug!

I've driven the same roads through the same conditions in the Tiguan I had up til last week and never had any problem clearing the screen. Loads of judder on the backsweep too, and big tide lines at the bottom of the screen where the blade misses. Between that and the rear wipers it all feels a bit cheap and flimsy.
You could change the wipers then? Have you replaced the screenwash? I've had similar in 2-3 cars, bugs dry instantly on a hot windscreen, no rubber is going to clear that easily unless you're adding something to the screenwash, or havent added enough.

AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

(23 Tucson Ultimate Petrol Manual)

BP77 - glad it's not just me! Two long drives on dry days and my windscreen is absolutely covered in bugs, never seen anything like it. May look at replacing the wipers to see if it helps, going to be a long summer of constantly cleaning otherwise.
XADE

Post by XADE »

BP77 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:46 pm Change the wiper blades and screenwash on a 6 day old car that's done less than 250 miles? That's an expensive hobby. The blades on my last car were 2.5 years old and I used cheap nasty supermarket premix screenwash, no problems driving the same route days earlier.
XADE wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:06 pm
BP77 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:59 pm N Line S 2023 (less than 250 miles on the clock)

Had the car for less than a week, there were quite a few bugs out yesterday (mainly greenfly) and the windscreen ended up covered in them with the brand new wipers doing absolutely nothing to shift them, I must have used half a tank of screenwash seeing if I could clear them. A light swipe with a microfibre cloth cleaned them so it's not as if they were some super-sticky variety of bug!

I've driven the same roads through the same conditions in the Tiguan I had up til last week and never had any problem clearing the screen. Loads of judder on the backsweep too, and big tide lines at the bottom of the screen where the blade misses. Between that and the rear wipers it all feels a bit cheap and flimsy.
You could change the wipers then? Have you replaced the screenwash? I've had similar in 2-3 cars, bugs dry instantly on a hot windscreen, no rubber is going to clear that easily unless you're adding something to the screenwash, or havent added enough.
You can add better screen wash than the factory provide, I think that's self explanatory.

You're barely going to improve your wipers no matter which wipers you go for, this isn't a Tucson issue.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

Perhaps they don't have bugs in Korea! 😊
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP
old man

Post by old man »

3puddings wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:23 pm Perhaps they don't have bugs in Korea! 😊
They do and they're called North Koreans :(
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post