Lights on HEV Tucson Premium 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Lesd

Post by Lesd »

Hi Guys

Did a walk around of the new car and it's lights based upon, admittedly, a USA video. Can anyone offer info re the following:

1. Indicator lights in wing mirrors - only have lights in each end of the LED strip. Is this normal? Should not the whole strip light up amber?
2. In the video referred to above it shows that where the parametric lights are in the grille there is a side amber light as well, not the indicators but a separate amber light on the corner of each side which on when the DRL's are on. My car doesn't seem to have these, at least if it does they are not lighting up. Again, should they although I think they could interfere with the actual indicators and cause confusion. (Cannot find anything about this extra light in the Owners Manual)
3. Do the DRL's only light up under certain circumstances? Again in the video the guys DRL's are clearly lit up well and the car is at a standstill whilst the guy films around his car. My DRL's are not on when parked even though the car has been started and is idling, Should they? After all they are DRL's so should be on during the day and at night. Do you have to have the light switch set to 'off' during the day for them to work, I have mine set to Auto all the time.

Thanks
Les
Tucson Hybrid 230hp, Premium spec

old man

Post by old man »

You should not be comparing your version with American versions - or any other countries come to that.
There are variations between models in different countries.
It would appear that there are two led bulbs (one at each end) that light up in the mirror indicators, which serve to light up the whole strip. If you stand facing the vehicle from the front and bend down so your head is level with the mirror, this will be apparent.
DRLs are what they say i.e. running lights, so in some circumstances (can't remember exactly which ones) when the car is not moving the DRLs extinguish. Anything that drains battery power means fuel consumption will increase in the long term. Maybe not by much, but any fuel savings bolster the manufacturers paper figures.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

The day time running lights switch off once the hand brake is applied, and only stay on if auto hold is used or foot kept on brake pedal when stationary.

The premium spec’s front indicators are located in the headlights and are conventional bulbs, unlike the ultimate spec where the indicators are incorporated into the top left and right of the DRL’s and are led’s.

The other difference is the rear indicators on the premium and ultimate they are conventional bulbs in the lower bumper where as on the N Line/S they are LED’s, which in my opinion look far better.
Lesd

Post by Lesd »

Hi Pogleswood

The premium indicators are in the grille and are LED, perhaps you are getting confused with the SE Connect.

I believe the N Line does have rear LED reverse lights and the Premium/Ultimate have standard bulbs.

Still I’m not going to change my car just to get LED reverse lights…..haha

Lesd
Tucson Hybrid 230hp, Premium spec
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Lesd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm
I believe the N Line does have rear LED reverse lights and the Premium/Ultimate have standard bulbs.

Lesd
The Nlines rear lower lights are a completely different design to other trims. The rear indicators are led units and the two reverse lights (other trim levels only get one reverse light) are also led units. The only traditional bulb on the nline rear lights, and I have no idea why, is the foglight.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi Lesd

Yes slight confusion as I thought my neighbours was a premium but found out yesterday it’s an SE Connect.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post