Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror and ISG

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Lesd

Post by Lesd »

Hi guys

Took delivery of my new Tucson Hybrid Premium yesterday. According to the sales literature it should have an Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror but does anyone know how I can tell that it has? May seem a silly question but everything I find online about it suggests that you should have some form of controls to adjust this but mine has nothing. Just a plain old mirror.

Does you Tucson have just a plain mirror or do you have controls?

Also, does this car have ISG?

Thanks
Les
Tucson Hybrid 230hp, Premium spec

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Can't say i've seen any controls for the rear view mirror, to be honest i haven't looked. But can tell i have one due to driving at night but also because you should be able to see a small border on the glass itself if looked at a certain angle. You can also test it with a torch.
As with ISG, mine has it.

All this is going to depend on the year of manufacture for your car and that is what will be asked.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

Never know any to have controls on all my cars that's why it classed as auto mirror if you have a normal mirror it will have the dip switch/lever under it that most manual mirrors have but the auto ones don't hope this helps.
Lesd

Post by Lesd »

Hi Unimatrix

My car is brand new, 2023. How do I know I have ISG? Is there a control to turn off and on?

Thanks
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

What is ISG?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

alan sh wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:54 pmWhat is ISG?

I'm assuming he's referring to the Idle Stop and Go, ie Start/Stop
Lesd wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 6:26 pm Hi Unimatrix

My car is brand new, 2023. How do I know I have ISG? Is there a control to turn off and on?

Thanks
Your car should have this as i believe all Tucsons have this.
To deactivate it there should be a button like this, may look slightly different.

https://www.schlueterhyundai.com/hyunda ... m-isg.html
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

According to my nx4 spec sheet all trim specs get an automatic dimming rear mirror. Mine certainly has one. The giveaway is a small light sensor on the back of the mirror casing plus a border round the mirror glass. Full Hybrid models ( not sure of MHEV ) don't have the what i would call a traditional stop/start function or ISG.
Lesd

Post by Lesd »

Thanks all for the replies

IngerzSH - I know my previous car (BMW X1) has a definitive button with an 'A' on it to turn the stop./start on/off. Couldn't find anything on the Tucson, which is full hybrid, and so your info ties in with the fact that I believed it didn't have stop/start in the traditional sense. I will also check the rear view mirror for that sensor and border.

Unimatrix - not sure what car you have i.e. year, model etc, but there definitely isn't a button with an 'A' on my vehicle.

Thanks anyway you guys, as always helpful to get info from others.

Les
Philr

Post by Philr »

There definitely isn't stop/start on your car as we have the same model.
What you will experience over time is that the petrol engine will stop/start whenever it needs to top up the battery/give more acceleration etc etc
When the weather is colder it will run more often and you should expect your mpg to go down.
Ours went down to 40 mpg and is now starting to climb - currently on 41. That is on ~9k miles a year and we have just had the first service as the car is a year old in a couple of weeks.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
dylan2910

Post by dylan2910 »

There is no ISG on the hybrid, when you come to a halt if there is sufficient charge in the battery the rev counter will drop to 0 and the green EV light in the top right of the instrument panel will light up.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post