Auto Hold and Sat Nav questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:37 am I checked for an update. It says updated November 2021. Is there a newer update? Also is the update offering the screen display of “black” available for the N line S?
Thanks
That’s the most up to date version. Although the software is from February this year. The Black Nav option is there for the N Line S.

AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

richarde wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:51 am
AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:37 am I checked for an update. It says updated November 2021. Is there a newer update? Also is the update offering the screen display of “black” available for the N line S?
Thanks
That’s the most up to date version. Although the software is from February this year. The Black Nav option is there for the N Line S.
Thank you Richard. I definitely only have the choice of three colours not four. The update button is not highlight so I suspect my software is up to date. It’s not mega important so I’ll wait till we are near the dealers and pop in and let them have a look.
I appreciate your quick reply 👍
mah006

Post by mah006 »

Thanks
It says November 21 but it is actually Feb 22 the date is in the software code
Download software & follow the instructions, the car will tell you if the software is the same otherwise it will update
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
old man

Post by old man »

[quote Also is the update offering the screen display of “black” available for the N line S?][/quote]

Yes it is. I have the same model as you and the software update the dealer installed is dated Feb 2022, so assuming the update you can get online from Hyundai is exactly the same as the one the dealer has available to them, then you will get the night option with it.
That is of course assuming that the update available to you hasn't changed in the 4 weeks between me and you getting our cars. It's something that wouldn't surprise me in this age of chip shortages etc.
I would encourage you to download the latest update from Hyundai and install in into your car via a memory stick.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

mah006 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:03 pm
Thanks
It says November 21 but it is actually Feb 22 the date is in the software code
Download software & follow the instructions, the car will tell you if the software is the same otherwise it will update
Thanks guys, I’ll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on 👍
Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

Well this has confirmed one of my questions that the Auto Hold doesn't stay on when you turn the engine off.
I highlighted it to Hyundai after two near roll back incidents as i hadnt got used to manually turning it on everytime after my previous generation Tuscon kept it on after the engine was restarted.
Bloody annoying that you can't set a preference in the options to have it on or off at the point of starting the engine. Doesn't make sense to have a safety feature turn off.

In fact this is the same issue with the Car Follow / Lane Centring function. One of them (the one that you have to manually switch on every time (with the Steering Wheel between two lines icon) should also be on until you turn it off, like the Lane Guidance (the one with the car between two lines). Does this make sense?
Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black
madowl

Post by madowl »

Abstract_Biscuit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:28 pm Well this has confirmed one of my questions that the Auto Hold doesn't stay on when you turn the engine off.
I highlighted it to Hyundai after two near roll back incidents as i hadnt got used to manually turning it on everytime after my previous generation Tuscon kept it on after the engine was restarted.
Bloody annoying that you can't set a preference in the options to have it on or off at the point of starting the engine. Doesn't make sense to have a safety feature turn off.

In fact this is the same issue with the Car Follow / Lane Centring function. One of them (the one that you have to manually switch on every time (with the Steering Wheel between two lines icon) should also be on until you turn it off, like the Lane Guidance (the one with the car between two lines). Does this make sense?
I don't prefer to routinely use auto hold but mine doesn't "roll back" even in the default creep mode.
Surendra

Post by Surendra »

Why don't Hyundai provide option to have Auto Hold on or off, so the drivers can select if they want it on or off as a default
Philr

Post by Philr »

Surendra wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:00 pm Why don't Hyundai provide option to have Auto Hold on or off, so the drivers can select if they want it on or off as a default
Asking on here won't make it happen but you could contact your dealer and Hyundai directly to ask.
You never know it may be in a future software release or they may put it on the wishlist for a future release or they may ignore it completely.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have a drive which slopes down to a busy road. I take the car down the drive by using the foot brake to keep the speed under control.
If Auto Hold was applied this manoeuvre would be potentially dangerous as I would have to use the accelerator to start the car moving again on a downward incline.
So, it takes all sorts............
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post