Accessories Brochure

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
twestedin

Post by twestedin »

I am new to this forum. I have a tucson with factory fitted roof rails, and have the hyundai roof bars and roof box. However, they whistle very loudly. I wondered if anyone else had this problem, and if they had a solution?

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

There was a post on one of the other Tucson forums where the guy had this problem and did sort it out.

Have a browse here https://www.hyundai-forums.com/forums/t ... orums.232/ or here https://www.tucson-forum.com/forums/
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

I don't have Hyundai roof bars, but I have used roof bars for several years and all makes can cause problems.
First off, does the whistling occur when you have the bare bars fitted or when you add the roofbox ?
We'll ignore the roofbox to begin with. On the underside of the bars are slots into which the feet fit. Any decent make of bars should come with plastic or rubber inserts which should be cut to length and fitted into all parts of those slots which aren't taken up by the feet. If those slots are left open, whistling will occur.
The same applies to slots on top of the bars. Any open slot should be filled with the plastic or rubber beading that came with the bars.
If all slots are filled and whistling still occurs, then look to the feet. Not all feet are created equal and some have gaps in them through which wind will rush and cause whistling. If this is the case, then you can cover any gaps with duct tape or get better bars and feet e.g. Thule bars.
I haven't seen the Hyundai bars, but if they're a square profile, you'll get wind rush, although they shouldn't whistle.
If none of the above applies, is it your roof box and its fittings causing the whistle ?
If you have unfilled slots in your bars and you cannot get the proper plastic/rubber fillers, use duct tape to cover the slots.

If you need further help/advice, post pics of the bars top and bottom and also of the feet.

As an aside, if you have a sunroof, it's been stated here that it cannot be opened if you have Hyundai or Thule bars and feet.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I believe the Hyundai ones are rebadged Thule ones, so they should be the same.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).