Change colour or sell

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
roadster

Post by roadster »

The problem is that all paint finishes, no matter which colour, are now so good that there are none which don't look relatively "spoiled" by a spec or two of dirt. I clean and wax once when new then try to resist any further washing except for glass cleaning. SUVs are supposed to look rugged and muddy, well that's my excuse!
Tucson PHEV Premium

Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Okay on a week's reflection and reading your comments I have sold the car and ordered a new one same model and spec ultimate 230 hybrid with tech pack.The biggest downside being have g to wait for 9 months for delivery. Primarily this has cost me £550 in the difference between the cost of selling and buying brand new which means I had a new car for 4 months and only lost £550. 😁
The cost of ceramic was about £300 ,wrapping over £2000 so by far the most cost effective option was to sell. I have other vehicles to drive in the mean time.
As some of you may be aware the car had suffered paint damage and although repaired appeared on insurance register as previously being damaged ,so all in all I think I have made the right decision to sell and rebut .
Just a bugger having to join the back of the que again however I have got a better rate of interest on finance this time reducing my payments by £20 p/m so probably cost me nothing to replace .
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Just out of interest, how much did it sell for?
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Okay on a week's reflection and reading your comments I have sold the car and ordered a new one same model and spec ultimate 230 hybrid with tech pack.The biggest downside being have g to wait for 9 months for delivery. Primarily this has cost me £550 in the difference between the cost of selling and buying brand new which means I had a new car for 4 months and only lost £550. 😁
The cost of ceramic was about £300 ,wrapping over £2000 so by far the most cost effective option was to sell. I have other vehicles to drive in the mean time.
As some of you may be aware the car had suffered paint damage and although repaired appeared on insurance register as previously being damaged ,so all in all I think I have made the right decision to sell and rebut .
Just a bugger having to join the back of the que again however I have got a better rate of interest on finance this time reducing my payments by £20 p/m so probably cost me nothing to replace .
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Sold it for £32750 online could have probably got £500 - £1000 more if I had sold privately.Dealer offered £32k and had one on forecourt with 8000 miles for £37k

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post