Change colour or sell

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Received my tucson ultimate 230 hybrid ,black leather with tech pack in March and done 2000 miles. Really enjoy the car but have decided the colour is totally inpractical. ( dark teal) I live on a main road and the car just seems to collect dust quicker than I can clean it.
Now thinking of reordering the same spec car in , different colour ,my previous cars have usually been silver or grey and obviously don't show dirt and dust as much.
The wife thinks am mad but I am a perfectionist with my car and it really irritate s me. Considered having it rapped but quoted over £2000 .Ouch
we buy any car have offered only £ 32750 which when considering mrp new is now £40k minus any discounts available seems low considering the mileage and factory condition of the car.
Probably be happy if I could get close to £34000 and put it down to experience and take a hit or do I get it wrapped ,iether way I take a hit.

Opinions valued.

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Given the current lead time for delivery, plus the cost to change, which is only likely to increase a wrap would seem like a sensible option.
focusy

Post by focusy »

Why not ceramic coat it so it’s easier to clean and reduce impact on wallet with cost to change
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Thought about a ceramic coat ,but still going to show the dust and require hosing down,normally when I clean my car they look fantastic for a few weeks .lead time for a new order isn't a problem to myself as I have other cars available hence the low mileage in the tucson.did think about a car cover but it's a myther putting on taking off and then have the risk of scratching the car.
If I was to sell privately what realistically could I expect , as previously mentioned prepared to take a hit but think under £33k is a bit cheeky😊
old man

Post by old man »

On a personal level I think you're mad, but each to their own I guess.
Have you not noticed that cars are getting dirtier quicker recently, so whatever colour you choose next will get covered in dust and grime in short order. Okay, darker colours show it more (mine is black), but I think you and your wife) might regret losing several thousand pounds, only to find your next purchase gets very grubby too.
Our other car is silver and I washed both that and my black car today and I have to say that the silver car was every bit as dirty (read dusty) as the black one. This is dirt and dust that's dropping out of the atmosphere.

Anyway, if you're determined to proceed, try Motorway for a price on your current car. I know the market has changed since I sold my last car via them in February, but they provided the best price of all the online buyers that I contacted. Mind you, it won't be thousands better that WeBuyAnyCar.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

All of what old man says but I’d be asking the dealer if he’d be interested in buying it back given lead times. He may have someone in mind for it. Failing that I’d advertise privately.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

I sympathise with the OP, mine is Dark Teal and I had reservations about the colour but my wife convinced me. I haven't warmed to it - looks good freshly washed but very quickly looks a bit dull despite using an excellent graphene wax. Atmospheric conditions have been awful for the past few months with a lot of grey dust and one quick shower means another wash. I wish Hyundai had done the Tucson in a brighter metallic blue that "pops". I wont be changing any time soon though.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Obviously choice of colour is very subjective and can depend very much on the design of the car. Before ordering my Tucson I really struggled with the decision. Having had black and white cars in the past I would not go with them again, although when clean they can look great. I am a great fan of blue if it is the right shade - I had racing blue in a previous Skoda Karoq and it looked fantastic. I did not like Hyundai’s dark teal - too dull and bland for me; also not keen on the shade of grey. In fact I was offered a cancelled order in dark teal which would have given me a very short waiting time but I declined. If you don’t like the colour of your car you are not going to be happy with it, however good the car is. I was left with a choice between the red options and the shimmering silver - went for the latter which I am pleased with.
I sympathise with your dilemma.
Re selling, I think Motorway is better than we buy any car but a private sale given the waiting list should get you closer to the £34k you are seeking. Unfortunately don’t think spending plenty of money on detailing will solve your fundamental problem of not liking the colour. It would be great if you could get a cancelled order in a colour you are happy with.
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have dark teal also and I think that this is the best of a bad bunch. When I looked on the colour chart several colours looked the same to my eye.
I've had the car professionally washed by a local detailer and it's also been waxed and at that point it looks great. But a few days dust followed by a shower of rain leaves a spotty grey residue. You could go mad trying to keep it spotless.
I find if I stand back 2 or 3 yards and look at it it still looks good. If the base is looked after the car will always have a good appearance.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I also felt that the colour choice was limited, I think it is with many manufacturers these days. When choosing a colour for a car I always find it a balancing act between three factors - a colour that suits the car, a colour that I like and a colour that will stay clean.

As I went with N line S spec in the end it seemed like the right thing to go with shadow grey. I know it’s only available on the N line so might not help others but so far I’ve found it an easy colour to keep clean. I’ve had the car for 5 weeks now and washed it a couple of times although that was more for the enjoyment of doing it rather than it needing it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post