Hello, new owner checking in

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dc1970

Post by Dc1970 »

Hi everyone, I have taken delivery of my 2022 Tucson PHEV N Line S in Shimmering Silver last week, and must say so far I am loving the car.

I do have one initial question I hope yo7 can help me with, and tha5 is if the settings can be #aved some how?

Every time I start up I find I have to select the auto hold, and also the various assistance modes reset, especially annoying is the lane assist, which I would wan5 to default or save at warning rather than assistance.

Is there a way to save the settings?

Thanks in advance
David

daibill

Post by daibill »

Hi,
Had mine a month and to date have not found a way. Reading around the forums a few people are finding this annoying.. It a safety "thing" apparently.. Also annoying is the infotainment system not going back to where I left it..

Enjoy it...
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Dc1970 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:47 am Hi everyone, I have taken delivery of my 2022 Tucson PHEV N Line S in Shimmering Silver last week, and must say so far I am loving the car.

I do have one initial question I hope yo7 can help me with, and tha5 is if the settings can be #aved some how?

Every time I start up I find I have to select the auto hold, and also the various assistance modes reset, especially annoying is the lane assist, which I would wan5 to default or save at warning rather than assistance.

Is there a way to save the settings?

Thanks in advance
David
Currently both of those settings return to the vehicle default when restarting the engine, and there is no way to have either persist.

There is software update due in the next week, maybe Hyundai have had sufficient feedback to do something here…
old man

Post by old man »

There is software update due in the next week, maybe Hyundai have had sufficient feedback to do something here…
The lane assist is a safety feature which is why manufacturers don't let us us turn them off permanently, so that's not likely to change unless owners can prove that the feature is unsafe.
I personally feel it is unsafe in certain conditions, so I've taught myself to deactivate it at the start of every trip. At least on the Tucson it's quick and easy to do.

What I don't understand is; If it's deemed a safety feature and cannot be turned off permanently, why are we allowed to turn it off for each trip. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
roadster

Post by roadster »

Just to repeat what I have pointed out before the North American spec. cars do allow this function to be switched off by default. I would strongly argue that the last thing it is is a safety feature.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post