New Member with New Order

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Beards

Post by Beards » Wed May 11, 2022 3:24 pm

:D Hi Guys, the name is Beards and I am very happy to be amongst fellow Tucson members.
Placed my order for a Tucson PHEV Ultimate Plug-in 4WD + Tech Pack yesterday 👍. Now awaiting the news when my order is accepted.
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: November 2022.

Roughly how long are would be owners waiting before they receive news the order has been accepted? I don’t want to keep prodding the Sales Dept.
Thanks in advance for help now and in the future.
On Order: Tucson PHEV Ultimate Plug-in 4WD + Tech Pack
Order Date: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: November 2022

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi » Wed May 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Hi and welcome, I ordered my car in January 20th with the tech pack and it’s in tilbury tomorrow. And I should have it first week of June as I want a detachable hitch for my trailer as it can tow up to 1350. I was told 30 weeks when i ordered but it will be 21-22 weeks
Tucson Phev ultimate in Dark night Grey + Tech pack
Ordered 20-01-2022
Arrived in Tilbury on the 11th of May
Out of work shop 19th may
Arrived at dealership 8th of June
Pick up from Dealer 16th June. 22 weeks order from start to finish :D :D

Beards

Post by Beards » Wed May 11, 2022 5:15 pm

Thanks…..That’s a considerable chunk taken out of the wait times. Would be great if this becomes standard.

I’m coming from a Peugeot 3008 GT Premium, which has been a good vehicle but Peugeot are having serious issues with microchips (you can no longer get an electric tailgate, parking sensors & wireless phone charging to name but three chips).
In the end these changes pushed me to taking a test drive in the Tucson……. Boy am I so glad I did this. I would have never realised just how beautiful this vehicle is.
On Order: Tucson PHEV Ultimate Plug-in 4WD + Tech Pack
Order Date: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: November 2022

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi » Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 pm

The tech pack was taken off Hyundais web site on the 25th of January and it hasn't come back on. But it is a special order.
I found out today that Hyundai have released a diesel plug in, this is no where on their website and is a special order for people
with caravans as the 1.6 petrol is ok to tow a trailer and that all.

what I'm trying to getting to, is there is a chip shortage and some manufactures eg VW have now closed orders for the Tiguan and the
waiting list is now 16-18 months.
so we are very lucky that Hyundai and kia can get the chips.

The forum is very helpful in finding things out that owners have posted on hear.
6 month will come very quickly, Hyundai will manufacture a lot more customer cars orders around September for the new reg, this happened in march
Jools
Ordered 20-01-2022

alan sh

Post by alan sh » Wed May 11, 2022 8:11 pm

I'm glad I got my Ultimate with tech pack then.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

Philr

Post by Philr » Thu May 12, 2022 8:07 am

joolstdi wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 pm
The tech pack was taken off Hyundais web site on the 25th of January and it hasn't come back on. But it is a special order.
I found out today that Hyundai have released a diesel plug in, this is no where on their website and is a special order for people
with caravans as the 1.6 petrol is ok to tow a trailer and that all.

what I'm trying to getting to, is there is a chip shortage and some manufactures eg VW have now closed orders for the Tiguan and the
waiting list is now 16-18 months.
so we are very lucky that Hyundai and kia can get the chips.

The forum is very helpful in finding things out that owners have posted on hear.
6 month will come very quickly, Hyundai will manufacture a lot more customer cars orders around September for the new reg, this happened in march
Jools
I think the VW issue is to do with wiring looms which were made in the Ukraine. One of my neighbours has a Tiguan ordered in January with a May delivery date.
He got an email telling him they can no longer give him a delivery date. He phoned them and was told about the wiring loom issue.

Phil
Phil

I plan to live forever - so far so good

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi » Thu May 12, 2022 8:28 am

BMW and vw got the wiring loams from the Ukraine and they are both trying china for them now. I have a mate with a Tiguan on order and his car is now June 2023 and he ordered it in October last year. When I told him yesterday that I’m getting my car in June he was not pleased
Ordered 20-01-2022

Wobnair

Post by Wobnair » Sat May 14, 2022 6:29 am

I ordered a N line hybrid in black night grey on the 5th of May. I have been given the end of October for delivery. As long as its here before Christmas I'll be happy.
A N line hybrid in dark night grey. Ordered on the 5th of May for delivery in October. :roll:

Spivo

Post by Spivo » Tue May 17, 2022 12:02 pm

I ordered 4 weeks ago and it is due June 16th!! I think the dealer had preordered for stock. N Line S 230 Hybrid in shadow grey.

Jef48brw#

Post by Jef48brw# » Sun May 22, 2022 1:09 pm

New member: jef48brw#
I don't know if anyone here been waiting 12 months here. my order was made July 2021.
Still waiting on tucson 48V MHEV N-Line S added tech pack Auto AWD dark night metallic. Hopefully I will in the driving seat of my upgrade hyundai tucson n-line S.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post