Early Impressions

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Have now been driving my 230 HEV Ultimate for 3 weeks. Overall, very pleased with it. Positives: Comfortable, quiet, economical (averaging 45 mpg from mainly local/short trips but have achieved 68 mpg on one 10 mile journey). Expect the average mpg to increase with a few longer journeys and engine loosening up. Despite plenty of poor road surfaces in my local area I have not suffered from the choppy/harsh ride mentioned in some reviews even though I am on the 19 inch wheels. There is of course plenty of tech to play with and get used to and the experience/advice shared on this forum has been helpful - so thanks to all those who contribute. There have been a few niggles and frustrations with the tech/Sat Nav but nothing untoward. I do like having your actual speed showing just above the speed limit in the Sat Nav screen. I am delighted with the comfort and flexibility of the electric seats and the setting which makes the seat go back when you open the driver’s door and once seated then returns to your set position. I have had 2 adults seated in the back on a 50 mile journey and they were full of praise about the seating and ride comfort. The boot space is excellent and accommodates my large golf bag and electric trolley without the need to fold down any seats. I find the environment and space inside the car very relaxing and the panoramic roof is the icing on the cake. The styling of the car draws plenty of interest. So far, excellent 9/10. I hope those of you waiting patiently for delivery get some good news soon.