New car trashed

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
focusy

Post by focusy »

does the police need to be notified incase it escalates?

old man

Post by old man »

focusy wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:50 am does the police need to be notified incase it escalates?
Extremely unlikely unless the parties concerned resort to fisticuffs.
It's a private offence on private land, so the police won't want to be involved with that.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

So sorry this happened to you

On my house insurance i have personal legal cover up to 50k, you might want to check if you have that as i was not even aware at first until i randomly checked my policy.

My point is whilst you have your car insurance to cover the vehicle costs, you may wish to pursue as a civil matter for any other related matters, EG: time - inconvenience - stress caused, bottom line its negligence from your neighbor and the builder, and if the builder has no liability insurance then maybe he shouldn't be trading at all and needs reporting

If this happened to me i wouldn't let it go, wish you the best in resolving the matter
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Tried speaking to claims department yesterday ,a total of 6.5 hours on the phone and no body able to pick up. Totally infuriating. This is saga bewarned.
Tried again today and managed to be put through,only to be misinformed yet again. Can't get through to them unless you use a sales line ???
The garage they wanted myself to use rang me.here's the approx conversation😂

Ello is that Mr johns?

Yes.

Yea I need to arrange to collect your car

.which one??

Don't know mate ,doesn't say

What you wanting to collect it for???

To repair it.

Oh right okay and what repairs are you doing?
Don't know mate just repairs.

Okay so you want to collect a car to repair
but you don't know what they are or what type of car it is??? How long do you think you might need it???

Oh difficult one that not sure.

I see, can you tell me the time p!ease?

Yes mate it's 11.50

Well at least what ever planet your on has the same time differance, thanks but I think I will leave it.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Itchycat1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:10 pm Tried speaking to claims department yesterday ,a total of 6.5 hours on the phone and no body able to pick up. Totally infuriating. This is saga bewarned.
Tried again today and managed to be put through,only to be misinformed yet again. Can't get through to them unless you use a sales line ???
The garage they wanted myself to use rang me.here's the approx conversation😂

Ello is that Mr johns?

Yes.

Yea I need to arrange to collect your car

.which one??

Don't know mate ,doesn't say

What you wanting to collect it for???

To repair it.

Oh right okay and what repairs are you doing?
Don't know mate just repairs.

Okay so you want to collect a car to repair
but you don't know what they are or what type of car it is??? How long do you think you might need it???

Oh difficult one that not sure.

I see, can you tell me the time p!ease?

Yes mate it's 11.50

Well at least what ever planet your on has the same time differance, thanks but I think I will leave it.
Had a similar experience several years ago with an insurance company myself. I was not happy with the approved repairer situation either. It was only by luck that I found out from a friend that I could use the legal cover on that insurance that was added as an extra to sort the situation out for me. By getting them involved I was able to get my car to the main dealer and also have a hire car of an equal standing etc. All the correspondence etc was covered by the legal team without any outlay to me of any sort. So not only was the car sorted out to my satisfaction the legal team also got me a small payment for the inconvenience that the situation had caused. All claimed from the at fault other party's insurance. So in short if you have that legal cover it may well be worth a phone call👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Had car appraised by a body shop recommended by Hyundai . They washed the car to appraise it and reckon £5k to sort out spraying bonnet ,door,rear wing and roof bar ,replace grill and replace and rear window.fortunately no damage to panoramic roof
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

Insurance companies would like you to use their repair companies because of negotiated repair costs I.e discounts, but you DO NOT have to, you have the right to select your preferred agent, you need to contact and have it out with them.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

I'd be threatening that builder with trading standards and seeking advice from citizens advice. As for the neighbour what a scum bag.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I cannot believe that this has happened to you as previously post , we all feel for you. I had a similar thing happened to me. Brand new red Honda Civic type R 3 days old. We went to shopping in swansea and we where 30 mins and when we came out some one had knocked and dented and scraped the front wing and passenger side door. I did not have time to wire up my dash cam. So I know how you feel. As my wife kept telling me it’s only nuts and bolts and it can be fixed but I know how you are feeling,
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

That's terrible. My neighbours who have similar morals had their house rebuilt and I went out one day to find my car (previous) covered in brick/cement dust. Luckily there was no permanent damage. As somebody else mentioned if you had legal expense cover I would be getting them involved. I'd be asking them to pursue the builder (or their insurance) so it is at least registered as a non fault claim if successful. I don't know if public liability insurance works the same as car insurance but making a claim successful or not may at least cause him similar inconvenience and costs that you are faced with. Good luck.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post