Build date info

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
old man

Post by old man »

poldark wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:40 am Thanks for that, I would prefer a full size wheel, can you give me the source you got yours from please? is it a steel wheel and what size is the tyre please? R u on 19 ins or 18 ins wheels?
Can I get away with an 18 ins spare wheel ?
You could obviously get a proper wheel and tyre from your dealer if you have a spare kidney to sell. :o
I got this https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/product/ ... -r17-tyre/

I questioned the fact it says 2015 onwards and was assured it would fit the latest Tucson, so I took a chance and bought it with the proviso that I could return it if it didn't fit. When it arrived I took a front wheel off my car and put this wheel on. It fitted on the studs fine but you'll find there's not as much clearance between the wheel and the brakes as there is with the original wheel. For this reason I would only keep it on the car for as long as it took to get the damaged wheel repaired, but it does give the option of running at normal speeds for as long as you want rather for 50 miles @ 50 mph with a spacesaver. The tyre fitted to the wheel will not be the same as in the picture, it will be a cheapish Chinese tyre, but plenty good enough for a temporary spare.
The wheels on my car are 19".

Don't be put off by the fact it's a 17" wheel as the tyre is not as low a profile as your original, thereby the overall diameter of the tyre isn't much different to the original. If you bought a spacesaver, they are normally of a smaller diameter than the original fitment.
I should stress, that although I deem the wheel superior to repair kits and space savers, I would only use it as a short term fix until my original was repaired. I certainly wouldn't leave on for long term driving.
You'll need a jack and a wheelbrace as well, which this company will supply if you want, or you can source them elsewhere.. Be aware that a bog standard jack might not be big enough to jack up a Tucson high enough to change a wheel as they're higher off the ground than a normal saloon car. I have a small block of wood in the boot to get over this.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

stojced

Post by stojced »

Here in Macedonia Tucson is sold with small spare wheel T135/90D17.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post