Build date info

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Steve K

Post by Steve K »

Hi, new to this and see there is a lot of discussion about delivery dates. I have ordered an N line petrol hybrid in Nov 21 and had a due date of April 6 22 but was told it will more likely be May, by reading your comments I think it will be a lot later. Colour ordered is phantom black. How do some of you you get build date times and info.

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I've been wondering about this too. I had my delivery date brought forward from May 27th to May 1st. As that's only 4 weeks away I'm wondering how accurate it will be?

Presumably there quite a bit of time spent in transit so I wonder whether this means my car is already built now?
ashm

Post by ashm »

Steve K wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:39 pm Hi, new to this and see there is a lot of discussion about delivery dates. I have ordered an N line petrol hybrid in Nov 21 and had a due date of April 6 22 but was told it will more likely be May, by reading your comments I think it will be a lot later. Colour ordered is phantom black. How do some of you you get build date times and info.
If you can get the internal order number (beginning with 101) from your dealership, you can contact Hyundai via Twitter or Facebook for an update with that number...

...However, from my experience, I would not bother, or at least just take the information Hyundai supply give you with a pinch of salt. The last time I contacted them, they told me the end of May, but it turned up in the country a week later. From my experience (at least), whatever the dealer had on their system was more accurate, and contacting Hyundai supply made me more anxious.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
mah006

Post by mah006 »

In my experience you only get good information once you receive your VIN which means its built & its on the ship to Tilbury
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Steve K

Post by Steve K »

Ok thank you all. It seems like it's just a waiting game and some hope.
Steve K

Post by Steve K »

Tucson N Line in Phantom Black ordered Nov21with estimated delivery 3rd May22. Surprised to say was picked up 22 April. Seems fine so far, looks great and runs fine. A lot quicker off the mark than my previous 2018 diesel model, but I do feel it doesn't seem as solid as the older one. The rear seats have a deeper seat squab so some leg room is reduced, I think this is because batteries are under rear seat and to accommodate them they have altered the seat. Not as much stowage in doors etc but because there is no spare wheel the boot can accommodate more, although being old school I would prefer a full size spare and a jack instead of a foam filler. Already had one incident at 74 miles when it said check hybrid system, that went away after about 30 seconds and hasn't reappeared, yet!!! Didn't bother dealer this time but if it does it again I will be in there.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've noticed that the rear doors don't seem as 'solid' as the front ones. I haven't sat in the back yet.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
poldark

Post by poldark »

Ordered my 1.6 T-GDI Hybrid 203 Ultimate in sunset red on the 11th April 22 and just had a call saying its on the boat and will be available for collection end of June.
I hate smart motorways especially the M6 and can't decided whether to buy a space saver kit or just a stop and go repair kit. Anyone any recommendations??
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.
old man

Post by old man »

poldark wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:18 pm Ordered my 1.6 T-GDI Hybrid 203 Ultimate in sunset red on the 11th April 22 and just had a call saying its on the boat and will be available for collection end of June.
I hate smart motorways especially the M6 and can't decided whether to buy a space saver kit or just a stop and go repair kit. Anyone any recommendations??
I don't trust the repair kits because they aren't reliable and once used, your friendly tyre fitter may refuse to make a proper repair to the damaged tyre because of the gunk you've injected into it, so you will have to purchase a new tyre - your car will come with a repair kit by the way. I'm also not enamoured with space saver wheels either because of the limitations they have, but they are preferable to a repair kit IMO.
Your car has an underfloor space that will take a full size spare wheel and a proper tyre. I've bought a new wheel and tyre combination for £150 and although they tyre is is not the same size as the original, the overall diameter is about the same, so if I have to use it, I can run at normal speeds and distances until I get the original repaired.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
poldark

Post by poldark »

Thanks for that, I would prefer a full size wheel, can you give me the source you got yours from please? is it a steel wheel and what size is the tyre please? R u on 19 ins or 18 ins wheels?
Can I get away with an 18 ins spare wheel ?
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post