New member from Devon

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Hi fellow Tucson drivers,

I'm in South Devon and I got lucky: I ordered my Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium in November 2021 with an ETA of June 2022. The dealer it was coming to had a car of the same spec already on order that arrived in February and was kind enough to allocate it to me instead of it becoming a demonstrator. Sometimes it pays to lease through a broker who happens to be your brother!

I love the fact it looks like nothing else on the road...

8cc0ea7d90096f7802ff886fe800f6e2.jpg

Especially from this angle...

ce2f6c6aba2bddae16b231d88ad145bb.jpg

Only a few annoyances so far: Music from a USB stick, the tracks play in alphabetical order if you choose an album. Workaround is to browse by file and make sure the track number is at the start of the filename. No rear passenger vents behind centre console. I realise that tri-zone climate control comes only in the ULTIMATE spec, but they still could have provided air vents in the rear as in plenty of other cars with only dual zone climate. However these are just small things I can easily live with.

Getting good mileage around hilly Devon, averaging 38MPG since I got it which is almost all local driving with one trip to Bristol and back. Best I've got was 52MPG for a 20 minute, 9 mile trip. As it's a heavy car and not the most aerodynamic thing, I'm happy that it's returning almost the same MPG as my Passat Estate 1.4TSI that it replaced!

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Hi and welcome. Car looks smart. Nice choice. As you say different to what's on the road currently. Still waiting for mine but my Nissan Juke has the same issue with the usb stick playback when playing an album. It's very annoying when your expecting a sequence of songs your used to hearing. I over came this on mine by saving the tracks as the alphabet. Eg 1=a 2=b 3=c etc. Worked on my Juke so may be worth a try as at least it played in the right order. 👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
old man

Post by old man »

No rear passenger vents behind centre console.
Had to go check my car when I read this as I was sure my car has them, and it does. Hyundai must omit them on the Premium model.
There should be air vents under the front seat though.
I have the same colour as you, nice looking car and I'm very pleased so far.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

old man wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:03 pm There should be air vents under the front seat though.
Indeed there are!
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

How you getting on with the car? Hoping to pop down to Devon in near future ,friends and reliees in Thurlestone ,love!y part of the world need to get down before the hedges get wider and the traffic worsens on those narrow lanes,can just see the car getting scratched to hell😊
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Itchycat1 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:16 pm How you getting on with the car? Hoping to pop down to Devon in near future ,friends and reliees in Thurlestone ,love!y part of the world need to get down before the hedges get wider and the traffic worsens on those narrow lanes,can just see the car getting scratched to hell😊
Luckily my daily use of the car doesn't take me down such narrow lanes as I mainly drive around Torbay area.

It took me a while to get the seat position right as I'm 6'3" and most of the height is in my legs. However it's the first car that doesn't require me to have the seat all the way back. Now I'm finding it very comfortable even on extended trips and the mileage isn't too bad, averaging 40MPG over nearly 1000 miles so far.

Starting to get that resetting issue now like others here; the "since refuelling" data keeps resetting to zero after not driving for a couple of days along with the air con resetting to 22°C. Hopefully a software update will fix that soon.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post