Anyone else looking forward to April 12th?

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

Hi All, I ordered a Phantom Black Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack on 17th Jan. It had already been pre-ordered by the dealership in December, so they just had a to find a buyer for it, which turned out to be me. I'll be the first regsitered owner.

The last news I had from the dealer in February was that it would be on a ship on 3rd March and I should receive on April 12th. Not long now, and I'm looking forward to getting my first Hyundai and getting involved in this forum!

I see a few posts on here saying they've been given a delivery date of April 12th, I guess we all must be waiting for the same shipment. Has anyone had any further updates?
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

WMiller wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:37 pm Hi All, I ordered a Phantom Black Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack on 17th Jan. It had already been pre-ordered by the dealership in December, so they just had a to find a buyer for it, which turned out to be me. I'll be the first regsitered owner.

The last news I had from the dealer in February was that it would be on a ship on 3rd March and I should receive on April 12th. Not long now, and I'm looking forward to getting my first Hyundai and getting involved in this forum!

I see a few posts on here saying they've been given a delivery date of April 12th, I guess we all must be waiting for the same shipment. Has anyone had any further updates?
Fingers crossed for you. Exciting times. Mine was April 12th but been put back to mid May now. Hopefully won't get further knock back but at the moment I'm not feeling much hope as hearing some are being delayed until July, August now. Hyundai UK say 25 weeks now for most Tucson's. Still sooner than VW.......
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
ColtCottage

Post by ColtCottage »

Hello, My dealership informed me on Monday my car was now in the country after ordering it in November and would be ready to collect on the 30th March. The delay in me picking up the car is due to me having a left foot accelerator fitted becuase of my disability and also the garage is overrun with work because of all the different Hyundai cars suddenly appearing. All the best for everyone expecting their car and may there be no delays.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

Southern Lad wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm
WMiller wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:37 pm Hi All, I ordered a Phantom Black Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack on 17th Jan. It had already been pre-ordered by the dealership in December, so they just had a to find a buyer for it, which turned out to be me. I'll be the first regsitered owner.

Fingers crossed for you. Exciting times. Mine was April 12th but been put back to mid May now. Hopefully won't get further knock back but at the moment I'm not feeling much hope as hearing some are being delayed until July, August now. Hyundai UK say 25 weeks now for most Tucson's. Still sooner than VW.......
Thanks, Southern Lad. I hope you won't be waiting too much longer either. When did you order yours?

I did briefly consider a Mazda CX-5, but then got told at their dealers that it's a 12 month wait for one of those! So, that was a nonstarter.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

WMiller wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Southern Lad wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm

Thanks, Southern Lad. I hope you won't be waiting too much longer either. When did you order yours?

I did briefly consider a Mazda CX-5, but then got told at their dealers that it's a 12 month wait for one of those! So, that was a nonstarter.
Ordered mine Jan 10th. Have to say original date given of April 12th for me was optimistic anyway so was expecting a delay to be fair. Some people on here though have waited much longer for theirs. It depends on your model, colour etc. As you mention other makes are much longer. It's the state of play at present.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

It looks like I'm the latest to get told my delivery has slipped back. April 12th was looking good, but the dealer has just emailed me to say it's slipped back to the end of May. :(
I'm gutted, but I understand it's the way of the world at the moment.

Looking for a silver lining, do you think this could create an opportunity to squeeze some freebies out of the dealer, to soften the blow of the delay?
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

WMiller wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:30 pm It looks like I'm the latest to get told my delivery has slipped back. April 12th was looking good, but the dealer has just emailed me to say it's slipped back to the end of May. :(
I'm gutted, but I understand it's the way of the world at the moment.

Looking for a silver lining, do you think this could create an opportunity to squeeze some freebies out of the dealer, to soften the blow of the delay?
Sorry to hear your news. Although probably inevitable with current situ it's still 💩....

To be honest I'm not convinced on my mid May put back either. I will chase it up though in a couple of weeks to see where it's at etc. But as you say it's how it is at the moment. It will arrive eventually......😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post