Depreciation cost

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Hoping to collect hybrid ultimate with tech pack before the 8th😀.Arrived in Tilbury last week and due at the dealership Monday or Tuesday.
Just wonder what people's expectations of depreciation are . I would expect to keep the car for 4 or 5 years doing no more than 8000 miles a year.I have no experience of Hyundai ownership but would hope for no more than 50% depreciation in this time of an I way off the mark.😀

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Officially would likely be worth about £15k after 4 years, however based on the current market £20k is more realistic.
The market is likely to change again during that time so it's anyone's guess really.
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I think that's going to be a tricky one. My PHEV Ultimate Dark Knight Grey without the tech pack had a guaranteed value of £17603.95 on the PCP agreement after 4 years which is just over 41%. However I traded in a 4 year 8 month old Santa Fe Endurance with a list price of circa £40k in 2017 for £22, 500 to buy my Tucson which worked out just over 56%.

Lastly this is what Autoexpress state in their review v the Lexus NX. 'The Lexus just has the edge over the Hyundai when it comes to predicted depreciation. The NX is expected to retain 50.2 per cent of its value after three years/36,000 miles, which equates to a residual value of £18,525, whereas the Tucson is predicted to hold on to 49.5 per cent, or £18,426 – there’s not much in it.'
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
focusy

Post by focusy »

please don't take as being rude or in any bad way,

but my thoughts are, you purchased the car because you enjoyed its drive appearance and the practicality that it offers, I would just enjoy it to its full potential and not worry about depreciation, your probably one of the few people that took advantage of the covid situation, giving you a better profit in your current/last car, and as people have said, no one can predict.

don't think anyone saw covid coming, whom knows what the next few year brings, enjoy your car!! the depression will sort it self out in future, let not worry about things we can't change :-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post