Tech pack worth extra cost

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
johne82

Post by johne82 »

Good evening, I’m new to the forum and just after a bit of advice please? Just placed a pre order with a lease company for a new Tucson ultimate PHEV in teal blue with moss grey seats. I’m waiting for a dealer call to confirm spec and I was wondering if anybody thinks the tech pack is worth extra cost please?

Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Personal opinion, I opted for the tech pack primarily because I could justify to myself having got a good discount off the mrp. Should help Resale value in the future. Suspect for Every who says yes have it ,some one will disagree. Hi with your gut instinct,I prefer to regret having done something ,than regret not having done something😁
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Yes go for it. It’s well worth the money. If you bought a Tiguan and asked vw to put some of there features on it would cost double. It’s a shame I did not order just before Christmas as it was £250 cheeper then.
Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
johne82

Post by johne82 »

Thanks for the replies, I’m really tempted as I like the idea of the extra cameras.
Just been on the Hyundai configuration though and Tach pack is no longer on the options list!!
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I went for the tech pack mainly for the cameras but also the remove movement, being able to get the car out of a space when the div next to you parked too close is quite handy
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

I didn't pick the tech pack as at the time of ordering it appeared to be adding to the already long delays. Now that the delays seemed to be easing some I'm regretting not picking it. Ah well what I never had I can't miss. 🤔
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I didn't go for the tech pack, partly due to the price and partly to the increase in lead times. But here are my opinions.

Electronic Control Suspension (ECS) - Never test drove it but gets mixed reviews. I'm unsure how much I'd use it as unless i'm mistaken there is no ride height function?

Around View Monitor (AVM) - Had this on my Santa Fe and useful for the front and back cameras, less so for the side imo. The spec you are considering already comes with a rear camera and sensors all round.

Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM) - Again the spec you are considering has blind spot detection and alerts you with an audible sound and orange warning triangle in the wing mirror. Therefore unless I'm mistaken the extra benefit is the video in the instrument cluster.

Remote Smart Park Assist - My understanding is it's main use is to park it in to a space/garage you are unable to exit the vehicle once in, or as DrElectron says if some inconsiderate person parks too close.

To sum up . I doubt I would have paid for either ECS or RSPA as an option separatley unless they were really inexpensive as I would rarely if ever use. AVM & BVM I think are something I'd definitley use and may have paid fo separatley depending on price, however I'm unsure they are worth the cost of the Tech Pack given they are both an upgrade if you like of something the Ultimate already has, rather than an outright additon. I guess I'd ask yourself how much you would use each tech and weigh it up against the extra cost and any delay it causes.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Yorkie wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:27 pm I didn't go for the tech pack, partly due to the price and partly to the increase in lead times. But here are my opinions.

Electronic Control Suspension (ECS) - Never test drove it but gets mixed reviews. I'm unsure how much I'd use it as unless i'm mistaken there is no ride height function?

Around View Monitor (AVM) - Had this on my Santa Fe and useful for the front and back cameras, less so for the side imo. The spec you are considering already comes with a rear camera and sensors all round.

Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM) - Again the spec you are considering has blind spot detection and alerts you with an audible sound and orange warning triangle in the wing mirror. Therefore unless I'm mistaken the extra benefit is the video in the instrument cluster.

Remote Smart Park Assist - My understanding is it's main use is to park it in to a space/garage you are unable to exit the vehicle once in, or as DrElectron says if some inconsiderate person parks too close.

To sum up . I doubt I would have paid for either ECS or RSPA as an option separatley unless they were really inexpensive as I would rarely if ever use. AVM & BVM I think are something I'd definitley use and may have paid fo separatley depending on price, however I'm unsure they are worth the cost of the Tech Pack given they are both an upgrade if you like of something the Ultimate already has, rather than an outright additon. I guess I'd ask yourself how much you would use each tech and weigh it up against the extra cost and any delay it causes.
Very well anylzed and that's about where I got with it myself. I've driven many years without some of the extra bits that I'm not going to miss not having them. Overall the N Line S for me had all the essential kit that I really required, plus the sporty looks that I personally preferred so I'm happy with my choice. In essence when it's broken down it would probably only be the blind spot view monitor that I would have liked. But hey won't worry I'm sure once I get the car😁👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
ashm

Post by ashm »

Yeah same. I didn't go for it based on the fact that it would increase my lead time as well as the extra cost. The 360 degree camera was standard on my 2019 Premium SE (top of the range at the time like the ultimate), i.e. I didn't have to pay extra for it. So that's probably the thing that I will miss. It was very useful in parking perfectly within the lines in parking bays (e.g. when you are at the supermarket). But the other stuff, I was not too fussed about. But as Yorkie said, it still has a reversing camera, and that's good enough for me based on the extra cost and lead times.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
focusy

Post by focusy »

we didn't go for the tech pack as the wife said the camera in the dash on manoeuvring was distraction, as when you look to the mirror to see if clear, your distracted by what's popped on the dash, so felt un natural, and she said mirror were fine on the car anyway.

the remote parking we discussed and she said if someone parks close enough to my car, so I can't get in and have to use that remote feature, ill be using more than a remote on them for dinging my car. I said fair point. :-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post