First two weeks

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
ashm

Post by ashm »

Wychwood wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:28 pm Will do! Can you do likewise? We might even meet up on the same day 😀
Haha yeah, who knows. And of course will post/PM any further updates if/ when I get them. 🙂
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

For ashm:
Heard this morning that my car is at the dealership; picking it up this Thursday, 31st
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Just thought I'd update on a few things I've noticed since posting this. I didn't realise initially that the wing mirrors don't dip when reversing. Once I clicked on this surprised me, as it was present on my 2017 Santa Fe and just assumed that the Ultimate would come with this feature as standard. The fact that I didn't notice straight away suggests I only miss it in certain situations. I have also noticed that water collects behind the flap to my EV plug when it rains. I park on an incline so perhaps that's why but never had it on any previous car. I haven't checked the opposite side to see if it's the same behind the petrol flap but plan to do so the next time it rains. I wish I could find a way for the car to automatically play music from the USB drive when changing from the radio to media playback. Minor niggles as I'm still loving the car. I am really impressed with the mpg. After 1000 miles it's averaging 59mpg from new which I would say has been approximately 50% of the miles in EV mode on short journeys and 50% in hybrid mode.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
roadster

Post by roadster »

Glad you're enjoying the drive, me too! I guess that your model will have the 360 degree camera view available so perhaps that makes up for lack of mirror dipping. Regarding music playing you might find that you can achieve what you want by using the programmable button on the steering wheel, or possibly via some other setting. Once you have achieved the settings you like don't forget to back them up by saving your profile using Bluelink. This can be very useful if the system decides to do a reset as it does occasionally.

There is a lot of discussion on the forum about fuel consumption figures but unfortunately the system seems to ignore electricity usage so the display panel figures are a bit misleading. My calculations suggest that in summer conditions a true 44 mpg is possible in hybrid mode and about 47 mpg in automatic mode. But of course the true cost depends on how much electric mode fits in with your journey patterns and frequency of charging. It certainly good to see that on shorter trips no petrol whatsoever is used and I suppose there is some benefit to other inhabitants of urban areas that we drive through.
Tucson PHEV Premium