First two weeks

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
ashm

Post by ashm »

Yorkie wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:44 pm Ashm - It's difficult to say whether I'd trust them as I tend to be sceptical on most organisations, even the one I work for. However I had very few issues with them. The only slight issue I had was I think the sales manager tried to renege on the inclusion of the mats that had been agreed at the time of sale but he backed down when I stood firm and insisted that it had been agreed. I can't comment on the lead times as I had an unusual experience in that the day before ordering I was advised i'd missed out on an in stock car exactly the same spec and colour that they had advertised. They quoted me the end of March/April for delivery. However 10 days later they emailed to say it had arrived early. Only they will know if it arrived early or whether someone had cancelled an order, or if it was the one they said had just been sold. Either way I wasn't in a rush and they had to wait 3 weeks to register it as I was just about to go away on holiday when they said it arrived and didn't have time to collect it.
Thanks for the info. Also, nice colour. Dark Knight was my second choice, but opted for a lighter colour this time (as we had a dark Tuscon previously).
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

ashm

Post by ashm »

Wychwood wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:51 pm Thank you yorkie for sharing your early thoughts and initial insights - very helpful. I also ordered from Hyundai Worcester (now owned by Marshall) - a 230 HEV ultimate. They are relatively local to me and offered a better price than two nearer dealerships. I subsequently discovered that Autoebid were significantly cheaper but estimated a 27 week wait from initial order. It remains to be seen whether Marshall Worcester will prove to be quicker. I ordered in mid Jan and have a copy of my order (with 101 number and 3 red asterisks - dealer order 1/12/21, production completion 8/3/22, and shipping 10/3/22. The dealership delivery is estimated for 4/4/22). No surprise that they cannot guarantee any dates but they have told me up to now their deliveries have been within a week or two of those estimated. However, appreciate that many on this forum have had all sorts of issues with delivery so will await developments with as much patience as I can - problem for me is I have sold my car to benefit from current high second hand values and now relying on my wife’s 2 seater - a real challenge to get the golf clubs in that!
Great, you've got similar dates to me (and from the same place), so hoping your information proves true to me too! I am an in a worse position than you as this new order replaces my stolen 2019 Tuscon. So literally got no car (as my wife has insisted we go car free) until this one arrives. :lol:
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

To be fair to Hyundai Worcester when I placed the order they agreed to honout the part-ex price even though I would still be using the car for another 3 months. Some dealers refused to do this. As it happened it was academic but did appreciate it as it meant I wasn't without a vehicle.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I have an update on my estimated delivery. No surprise but frustrating to report that dealership has revised my estimated dates following conversation with “Supply at Hyundai UK”. Now say build should be within next 2 weeks (have heard that before !!) and with dealer by end April- so possibly about 3 weeks delay on original estimate if it happens.
Out of interest looks like deliveries of the new Kia Sportage are coming through rather quicker but might depend on spec. Has anyone been tempted by the Sportage GT Line S?
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Looks like my car must be in the same batch as yours, what model and spec did you order and when did you order.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

HEV 230 Ultimate, Shimmering Silver. Ordered 14/01.
ashm

Post by ashm »

Wychwood wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:31 pm HEV 230 Ultimate, Shimmering Silver. Ordered 14/01.
Same spec, same colour, and from the same place. :D I ordered mine on 30th December 2021, and I remember they told me they had 2 on order at the time. So the other one must be yours.

So I guess your order update is pertinent to me too. The last I heard from the dealer, was it was due to be built 23rd March. That was over a week ago. I also checked with Hyundai supply in parallel and was told to expect early May at the dealership.

Also, one of my neighbours just ordered the new Sportage for delivery at end of April, so a short lead time. From looking at the reviews between the 2 cars, there is not much in it. But much prefer the look of the Tuscon. But I hope that proves true when we have both cars parked next to each other in the residential parking lot.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

For ashm
As we are collecting our cars from the same dealer wondered if you have a date yet for pick up? I have been told my car has not yet been allocated to a delivery truck from Tilbury
ashm

Post by ashm »

Wychwood wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:05 am For ashm
As we are collecting our cars from the same dealer wondered if you have a date yet for pick up? I have been told my car has not yet been allocated to a delivery truck from Tilbury
For Wychwood...
Last update I had was yesterday, and it was the same upadate as yours. My guess is mine will come on the same delivery truck. So if you get any news before me, please let me know.
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Will do! Can you do likewise? We might even meet up on the same day 😀