New to Hyundai ?

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
roadster

Post by roadster »

Yes my first Hyundai. The present inflationary trends and new vehicle shortages led me to make a snap decision when I found a new car available from the dealers showroom. So a hybrid RAV4 was traded in for the PHEV Tucson. A test drive confirmed that the driving quality was very acceptable and now that I have a few miles on the clock my impression is that the engine and gearbox are not quite in the same league as the RAV4s electronic CVT and Atkinson cycle large displacement engine, but its a lively car which is likely to be driven in a more spirited way on occasions.
Tucson PHEV Premium

nickems

Post by nickems »

Always had Toyotas last one Rav 4 Hybrid 4WD , now retired lots of short journeys , even with the enhaned RFT I wil lsave money MPG on the Rav 4 47 , MPG on my PHEV Ultimate average to date 80 now, should get 100+ in summer
roadster

Post by roadster »

nickems wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:41 pm Always had Toyotas last one Rav 4 Hybrid 4WD , now retired lots of short journeys , even with the enhaned RFT I wil lsave money MPG on the Rav 4 47 , MPG on my PHEV Ultimate average to date 80 now, should get 100+ in summer
Although right now petrol prices and electricity prices are competing for which can rise the fastest! At this moment I calculate that electric miles are still cheaper than petrol miles but who knows whether that will be true tomorrow!
Tucson PHEV Premium
Carlady65

Post by Carlady65 »

Been driving a 2003 Kia Karen's (so reliable but getting on now) and ordered a Tucson 230hp hybrid 20th Jan with eta June. Hopefully well worth the wait!
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

My move is away from SEAT. Currently I have a SEAT Arona and an Ateca 150bhp Diesel 4WD. Ateca is my 15th new SEAT. Moving to Tucson to go for a PHEV but also retain SUV. SEAT don't seem to offer one yet. Cupra do as the Formentor but not sure. Looked at Volvo and some others but ultimately decided to try Hyundai. Let's hope it is a good decision.
Jjoh4

Post by Jjoh4 »

I’ve had Toyota, Ford, Nissan. Last three cars were Jaguar’s moving to Tucson for more space, practicality, amount of standard equipment and length of warranty. Good test drive in an N line non hev, love the design. Hope long term it’s reliable.

Ultimate hybrid in Teal
Farkysmum

Post by Farkysmum »

I'm new to Hyundai and this forum. So not sure if I'm saying this in right place. I was told I would get about 36 to 38 mpg petrol turns out I'm getting 28.7 that's without towing anything does anybody know anything to help. Garage says nothing wrong.
old man

Post by old man »

Farkysmum wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:39 pm I'm new to Hyundai and this forum. So not sure if I'm saying this in right place. I was told I would get about 36 to 38 mpg petrol turns out I'm getting 28.7 that's without towing anything does anybody know anything to help. Garage says nothing wrong.
That's a "how long is a piece of string" question.
You'd need to tell us which model Tucson you have firstly, but even then it's difficult to answer because we don't know your driving habits i.e. do you drive like a grandad or a grandson and what type of journeys you do.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post