New to Hyundai ?

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Just wondering how many of us are experiencing Hyundai ownership for the first time?
If so what makes / models are you changing from?

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Me. From VW to my first Hyundai
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Will be first for me. Changing from Nissan Juke. Needed next size bigger SUV and with the aesthetics of new Tucson, 5 year warranty and price point I chose this. It was a new Tucson, New Kia Sportage or used Mercedes GLC and plumped for Tucson after test drive etc.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

First for us, moving from Lexus. Always had sporty cars but fancy a change to an SUV.
Hope it’s a good move!
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Tucson will be my first Hyundai. Impressed by test drive of the Hybrid Ultimate, the very positive UK and worldwide reviews on YouTube, and the awards it has won. I am retired and have enjoyed driving Audi and BMW over the years. My two most recents cars were petrol Skoda Karoq, the last one a TSI Sportline which I bought new in
March 21 and sold recently using Motorway for a lot more than I paid for it. Skoda really do represent great value for money and it looks like Hyundai are now following a similar path to Skoda and are ready to go head to head with the likes of Audi,BMW,VW, Toyota etc. Not ready for an all electric yet but believe the Tucson self charging hybrid is an excellent first step towards electric. Am now faced with the inevitable wait for my new Tucson ( 230 Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver). Have read with obvious concern all the posts about delivery delays. Hoping to get mine in April but not holding my breath. There seems to have been a flood of orders - let’s hope the cars are worth the wait 😀👍🤞
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

This my first order with Hyundai, last 4 cars have been VW3 golfs all tdi and my current car is a Tiguan sel and the previous owner tick all the extras.

And this will be my first PHEV and I suppose my transaction to full electric.

just waiting like everybody for the car which should June-August
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Twobob40

Post by Twobob40 »

My last four cars were all vw's. Scirocco, Tiguan, Golf Gtd and a Golf Gti. I miss my golf. 😔
leicesterrule

Post by leicesterrule »

Moving from Seat to Hyundai. So this is my first Hyundai. Loved driving it in the test drive- dealer went above and beyond for the test drive. But not feeling totally confident In it all at the minute!
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

I myself always been a bit of a petrol head and always had a so called premium brand. Present car a bentley continental. Never previously considered hyundai but yet to g too an age where I just want economy comfort and reliability. Considered Mercedes glb ,rav 4, Nissan and all appeared to be inferior build quality.

So like most of you going into this a bit blind ,positive reviews on most sites and the Tucson appears to be well designed throughout. Would have preferred the engine to have been a 2.0 ltr as opposed to a 1.6 , but looking forward to finally getting my new aqasition☺,

Just hope it's residual value doesn't plunmet anymore than forecast due to quality / reliability issues.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Last car Audi. I've owned VW, Vauxhall, Seat, Ford, Nissan. First ever Hyundai. Couldn't test drive it as no local dealers had any Tucson's. I like a risk and hopefully I like the drive of it haha
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post