Climate control issues

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
doonhamer

Post by doonhamer »

Hi This is my first post on here for my Tucson hybrid ultimate.
Has anyone else had problems with the climate controls.
One week after taking delivery of my new car and just about to set off on holiday for a week the climate control went crazy on start up. Whatever button I pressed it would do nothing but blast out ice cold air and showed the temperatures running up and down, changing from centigrade to Fahrenheit and sometimes nothing at all. After about five minutes and a few times with switching ignition on and off it settled down and worked properly so set off on holiday. Next day it did the same but would not stop so drove to nearest dealership (Stoke) and a very helpful young guy there reset everything. Next day all ok but day after that it went haywire again and same the day after that but on these two occasions I videoed what was happening and eventually got it stopped with many reset attempts.
On return from holiday booked car into dealership where car was purchased and they eventually said there is a large software update coming out and the car has to go back in January for approx four days for this to be done.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar.

Alisonb

Post by Alisonb »

I’m having the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve it without a visit to the dealer?
EJH

Post by EJH »

doonhamer wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:32 pm On return from holiday booked car into dealership where car was purchased and they eventually said there is a large software update coming out and the car has to go back in January for approx four days for this to be done.
Just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar.
4 days!!!!! Hyundai offering courtesy cars I hope.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

The original post was December 2021 so nearly a year ago. @doonhamer .. did it get sorted in Jan 2022? If so, did they tell you what they actually did, 4 days for software sounds suspect to me .....
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Alisonb wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:51 pm I’m having the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve it without a visit to the dealer?
Software can be installed at home. If you’ve not done it yet, follow the instructions here - https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/navigationUpdate
Ash t

Post by Ash t »

Dragging this one back up. My 2022 tucson NLine S has just come back from the dealer following some repairs, they have updated the software...and now the climate control is having a mental every 5 minutes, really hot, really cold, no way of me controlling it.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Have you tried resetting the infotainment? There is a small pinhole to the left of the on/off button.
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

I've started having the same problems with my climate controls now. On first start up in the morning the system goes haywire and changes everything. Kicks the aircon in, driver only, climate controls then switches them around. It seems this is a problem affecting quite a few so have they done anything about it yet? I've been trying to get my main dealer to contact me but two days and three calls later no call back yet. Worrying thing is is the problem limited to this system or could any of the other electronic controls be affected in any way. The car is a hybrid n line by the way.
TINA1971

Post by TINA1971 »

I am having same issue car has been in for a software update but still the same issue
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Thanks Tina, at least I know its not just me and its an on going issue affecting others. Not very good though is it that they have had this problem for a long while and still have no fix.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post