Tucson ordered now the long wait

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

After some deliberation, finally ordered a Tucson PHEV Ultimate model with Tech pack and black interior. Delivery date is March 2022. Now was the time to buy with Hyundai contribution, low finance rate and soaring trade in prices. Traded in a Seat Arona 30 months into 48 month PCP deal, trade in price was only £3 000 less than new price! And significantly more than outstanding finance. Only downside is the wait until March 2022.

bm8691

Post by bm8691 »

It's crazy, I put in a tiny deposit for my Dacia Duster and had about 6x that for trade in after finance and it's only 18 months old so I haven't paid that much off. With the Hyundai contribution too I had a healthy deposit. Much better than the pittance I put on the Dacia. Costs quite a bit more though 🤣.
Picked up 12th Nov 2021: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230ps Sunset Red 8-)
misterbuzby

Post by misterbuzby »

I ordered my Tucson ultimate in July. I was told I may have to wait until mid-October.
A couple of weeks ago, salesman told me that car had been delayed a little but had now been built/manufactured and was merely awaiting shipping. Likely be with me in early/mid November.

Today, I was told that Hyundai are now entering (typing) onto their computer system that cars are built and ready to ship ... when [in reality] they are only 95% complete.
According to the Hyundai computer system, my car is built/completed and left the production line a few weeks ago. Sat in the factory car park??
Yet it is still awaiting the installation of a couple of vital chips, apparently. Chip shortage!

This issue is only affecting the Ultimate because of the extra technology [chips] that it uses.

Well, in my book, that means it 'aint built. 'Complete' means 100%.

I just got told today that it will now likely be January, at the earliest.
So, I am now off to browse to see if any other makes have anything they can actually sell to me :-( :-(

PS: thank goodness i didn't order a tech pack or i might have had to wait until 20 23
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

I just took delivery of a Hybrid Ultimate with Tech Pack. Ordered in early June, so a good five month wait. Dealer said that orders placed now wouldn't be fulfilled until March 2022, so it seems spot on with what you have been told.
Twobob40

Post by Twobob40 »

That explains why my Ultimate is worth so much on We Buy Any Car. It is priced £1k less than I bought it for in June.
nictry

Post by nictry »

Interesting as I was told a week ago my Ultimate Plugin was already on its way and would be available latest end of November - I called the salesman yesterday and he confirmed that it was still due to arrive this month but when I asked if it was actually on its way or is it still in Korea he then said it was still there!!!!

What I cannot tolerate is lying - just be upfront, tell the customer the truth, its their call whether they want to wait but lets be honest its unlikely any other new car is available in less time but in my case I took the black leather interior as was told the grey would be a 2022 delivery but now it seems so will the black interior so i could have ordered what i wanted!

Annoying thing is my pod point is being installed next week (considering order only placed a week ago!) so those who have waited weeks/months to get their EV charger with a car whereas i will have a charger but no car!
Simonjc1

Post by Simonjc1 »

I have an Ultimate PHEV with grey interior (no tech pack) on order from August that was forecast for late November and the dealer has just called to say all November deliveries are now pushed back to end of January 2022.
nictry

Post by nictry »

As expected when telling the dealer that it would seem, once again, they lied to get us to purchase a new vehicle I get a truthful response that delivery date is now showing as 16th January 2022
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

nictry wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:30 pm I called the salesman yesterday and he confirmed that it was still due to arrive this month but when I asked if it was actually on its way or is it still in Korea he then said it was still there!!!!
UK Market Hyundais are made in Czechia
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai
Jeffw

Post by Jeffw »

UK market electrified Tucson’s are made in Korea.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post