Significant Issues with 2021 Tucson

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
ThAr201

Post by ThAr201 »

Hi All,

I bought the new Tucson in April 21, and ended up taking delivery of one of the first Ultimate Trim Tucsons in the country (of the new generation). The car drives great and is comfortable, with loads of space and the Krell sound system is just brilliant. However, I've had a laundry list of issues with the car and wanted to check other people's experiences. I've listed them below, and it'd be great to hear other people's experiences:

1) Misaligned Boot Door
My boot door is significantly and noticeably shifted to one side more than the other. I took it into the local dealer who confirmed it was faulty boot door unit and the entire unit would need replaced. They then proceeded to send a quote to Hyundai and told me that they'd let me know when they had a response. I went back in a couple months later to get an update whlist picking up my boot liner and they had no record of my vehicle coming in, no record or quote going to Hyundai and required me to come back in. Luckily I asked for paper copy of the original quote the first time.

2) Non-functional centre console
I once accidentally stalled the car - not ideal but also not unexpected when driving a manual. When I turned the car back on, the centre console was no longer functional, I couldn't change any of the heating controls and for a few days had to roll down my window because the windscreen was steaming up. I eventually found the reset button to the far left of the centre console, which eventually fixed this.

3) Easy Entry/Exit stopped working
4) Haptic Steering Wheel System stopped working mid-drive and then turned itself back on
5) Parking sensor and collision warning randomly goes off when stopped at traffic lights on mid drive respectively.

I've also had dealer specific issues where they've incorrectly registered my vehicle with DVLA and have given my an incorrect vehicle invoice! Like I said a laundry list of issues. After seeing that the Tucson won some awards recently, I'm not sure if what I've had is one off or not. Looking forward to hearing other people's experiences.

elf

Post by elf »

X
Last edited by elf on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

We got our plug in Ultimate on 1st Sept and have been very pleased with it so far. My only moan is that the sat nav doesn't appear to be able to search by post code which we find very odd. We can't comment on the service dept as to date we've had next to no contact with them.
Tommo72

Post by Tommo72 »

I’ve had a 2021 1.6 gdi for about a year now lovely car rubbish fuel economy!
Several issues so far.
Alarm kept activating while sat on my drive way for no apparent reason.
Dealer examined it faulty alarm sensor ordered had to go back for fitting,
U s b socket for car play broke after five or six uses
Dealer examined blamed me for breaking the socket and want 196 pounds to replace.
Windscreen washers stopped working on drivers side only 8500 miles now stopped on both sides.
Returned from dealer today two new nozzles on order. Slight bit of road dirt and you can’t see out screen !!!
Petrol flap sitting Proud of body work
Dealer examined today 4-5 job to realign flap remove wheel arch lining etc.
Car was in dealers all day today and they didn’t repair either issues.
I hope this is the last of my problems.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Regarding the fuel filler door, it looks to me like the filler cap is the reason for the door sitting slightly proud. I was going to look into shaving off a few mm from the cap to see if that sorts it.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

My filler flap was fixed by the dealer yesterday during first service but they didn't elaborate what they did. It's alot better.

It does seem to be the cap holder making contact with the cap which is odd as it was not like this when I got the car. I removed the cap and then closed and it was fine just to prove my suspicions.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

IngerzSH wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:55 pm My filler flap was fixed by the dealer yesterday during first service but they didn't elaborate what they did. It's alot better.

It does seem to be the cap holder making contact with the cap which is odd as it was not like this when I got the car. I removed the cap and then closed and it was fine just to prove my suspicions.
That’s probably a better option. Mine is going in soon, so will wait for that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post