New Tucson Delivered 6th Sept

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello nictry. It was all dealt with by Podpoint, who contacted me after being informed by the dealer I bought the car from that I was interested in a charger. There was never any query about eligibility for the grant-I paid PP the £500 they asked for and they claimed the grant for the balance. In that respect PP were fine but I couldn't recommend them I'm afraid. After the charger was fitted i was unable to contact them by phone and they didn't reply to emails. They didn't actually fit the charger-they subcontracted it to a firm called Energise Energy (I think that's their name) who were fine. Before you go ahead check the size of the main fuse in your house. Ours was only 60 amps so when the charger was fitted it was restricted to 13amps so as not to risk overloading the fuse. I had to get Western Power in to put an 80 amp fuse in which took a few weeks to gat done but they did it FOC. Best to check with your power company re the size of the fuse and whether they would charge if it needs upgrading. Hope all this helps

Keith

nictry

Post by nictry »

Thank you for this, it’s very odd as the dealer told us we were not eligible for any reduction in cost and didn’t even mention contacting podpoint directly!

Appreciate the advice on podpoint too, we have an odd situation anyway as we have a 100amp cable into a separate meter box that is ours not the electric company and can have a separate fuse directly from that to an ev charger point so no idea what that means for fitting
nictry

Post by nictry »

Ok so did some more digging and seems I can just complete the application on the podpoint site and it confirmed the plug-in Tucson is eligible! Uploaded order form, filled application in and confirmed MPAN and says order placed at the reduced £529 price.

Also seems includes the additional board/consumer unit required in the stand alone meter box so that would be a major bonus assuming everything is as explained by a sparky who visited to check for us.

Wait and see now I guess but thanks again for the info as would never have gone ahead at the £879 price.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Pleased to help, and this type of situation is when a forum is really useful.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post