New Tucson Delivered 6th Sept

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sparkio

Post by Sparkio »

I took delivery on 6th September of a Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Shimmering Silver. Absolutely love the colour and the black leather interior matches nicely.

So far I've not had chance to do much other than a few short journeys due to work being so busy.

Things that irritate me so far:
Reverse beep
Beep when boot opens
Android Auto doesn't fill screen
When I receive a call there's no in-car ring tone

Things I love:
Hybrid - even short journeys I've been getting upwards of 50mpg. Today I did a 7 mile journey and got 62mpg from it!
Comfort - the seats are really comfortable and the driving position is great
Auto - this is the first automatic car I've owned and it's fab - gear changes are smooth and swift

I still need to play with lots of the settings but I am really impressed

One thing I don't quite get is the bluelink app. I understand you can use it to unlock/lock the doors and find out the fuel remaining but is that it or am I missing something clever that it does?

NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

same as mine and after 2000 miles returning about 51mpg on mixed driving, reverse beeps I find very faint, boot beep can be a bit of a grate, in car phone call loud and clear possibly
gear change is very good, I can detect when it changes from EV to combustion but not the other way round.
Sparkio

Post by Sparkio »

NoTwOld wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:08 am same as mine and after 2000 miles returning about 51mpg on mixed driving, reverse beeps I find very faint, boot beep can be a bit of a grate, in car phone call loud and clear possibly
gear change is very good, I can detect when it changes from EV to combustion but not the other way round.
I'm looking forward to taking it on a lengthy drive to see how it fares. The call volume is fine when making/receiving a call it's just the ring tone that isn't working.
paulb

Post by paulb »

I had to book some time off of work and take my Premium Hybrid to the Isle of Wight for a long weekend just so I could drive it more than a short run to the shops or pick the Mrs up from work! See my other posts on the subject.

Responsiveness is out of this world, power on demand is just a dream, mpg the same as you, round town hops and even being a bit loony with the sports mode, paddle shifts and a blast up the artillery road on the Island, I'm still returning 40-50mpg.

Downside will be the gear change lag. First auto for me in 30 years and I love it too but it feel like it thinks for too long before changing. From what I can glean from the pub experts this is the trade-off when having an electric motor that doubles as a genny for the batteries as it has to switch through various modes and gear ratios are a key factor in how it can do that safely. Poor excuse to have a few more pints of Revelation whilst they went into detail (I wasn't driving, don't worry).

Same as you, Bluelink app appears to have the moon on a stick begging you to play with but none of it works apart from door locking. Going to ask the dealership when mine goes back in for its recall work in a few weeks.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

We've only done 300 miles in our plug-in and a lot of that has been on the battery. We get ridiculous mpg figures-999mpg if the journey has been solely on the battery and still in the hundreds if the engine has kicked in for a short time. I'm still waiting to get access to the podpoint app to allow me to find out how much electricity w're using but when we've got that I should be able to work out accurate figures and hopefully a reasonably accurate overall cost per mile.

We like the car a lot so far-it's quiet, comfotable, roomy , attractively styled inside and out and is both easy and good to drive. I would prefer a few real knobs and buttons to press instead of everything on the touch screen but we haven't relly got to grips with talking to the computer yet!

We are due to do a long journey from the Midlands to Colchester next week-end but we won't have done 600 miles by then so I'm not sure we'll go in the Tuscon. Did you all wait to get the recommended 600 miles on the clock before doing a lengthy motorway trip involving long periods at a constant speed? It would be interesting to find out the petrol MPG on a long run but not at the risk of possibly causing problems later on.We've got another car we could use if necessary but it would be nice to show the Tuscon off to the Colchester branch of the family.

Have any of you had the podpoint charger fitted? I'm not happy with ours at the moment and would be interested to hear from anyone else who's used them.

Keith
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Keith
What kind of money did your home charger cost and is that to be reflected into your overall MPG costs.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello Chris. The charger cost either £500 or £550, can't remember which but I had it to reduce the charging time compared to using just a 13amp socket. I wasn't intending to include this cost in calculating the cost per mile of running the car. If I included it I'd probably have to include the extra price of the plug-in hybrid as opposed to the other hybrid or even the petrol only version. At the end of the day the car and the charger cost what they did and I just want to work out what it's cost to run it. Hope this answers your question (and makes sense!).

Keith
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Thanks keith
Yes I get all that, that kind of cost is a lot less than I imagined it to be, guess the actual cost will be dependant on the individual location etc.
I have just got the none plug in hybrid but I am interested in the whole electric setup etc.
I don't feel at the moment we are living in a real world regarding electric cars, there are so many things to consider regarding all this.
One massive area I wonder about is how a 5% tariff on domestic electricity (VAT) can be squared aginst the massive tax loadings on petrol and diesel, and that's just one item in the whole complicated equasion.
Any way thanks for that bit of info, much appreciated.
Thank you.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

A friend and I regularly talk about the whole electric car thing over a pint in the pub. There are so many questions that the politicians are ducking (that's our conclusion anyway!) but it seems to be the way we're going at the moment, so it seems worth an each-way bet for the moment. In any case I'll probably be too old to care by the time it's all sorted out and in the meantime I'll run our Tuscon plus my 12 yr old Jag XF diesel (only 37k on the clock) so I can listen my CDs on a long run.
nictry

Post by nictry »

KeithB1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:52 am Hello Chris. The charger cost either £500 or £550, can't remember which but I had it to reduce the charging time compared to using just a 13amp socket. I wasn't intending to include this cost in calculating the cost per mile of running the car. If I included it I'd probably have to include the extra price of the plug-in hybrid as opposed to the other hybrid or even the petrol only version. At the end of the day the car and the charger cost what they did and I just want to work out what it's cost to run it. Hope this answers your question (and makes sense!).

Keith
Hi Keith

First time user of this forum having just bought a new PHEV Tucson at the weekend (stock vehicle or the new demo as was same Ultimate in white spec if it comes in sooner than end of November) and had rung around to find cost of installing a charger but can’t find anywhere less than around £850

Can you let me know how you managed to get one for £500 ish? I don’t believe you can get a grant due to the emissions not being low enough? Thanks in advance for any info

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post