Took delivery on 7th September

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tucsoned

Post by Tucsoned »

This is my new car

2021 . September reg Hybrid Ultimate with tech pack in Sunset Red with black interior.

My history over last 10 years is Volvo XC60 and Honda Civic ( wife has a i10)

Took delivery on 7th and have had afew drives clocking up just over 100 miles average so far according to trip comp is 51.5 although a couple of trips showed 55 plus . I have sat on driveway playing with all the gadgets .

Observations thus far are really positive .

Nice to drive really quiet , can't detect when car hands over between electric or petrol other than on screen.
Reversing alarm really loud.
Sat Nav a little disappointing . ( Wish you could alter font size . When offered multiple routes hard to check differences on screen ).
Android Auto application flawed.
Like Bluelink a lot.
Cooled seats very nice but feel even stranger than heated seats which I have had on most of my cars for years.

Hybrid battery constantly fluctuates around 50%. Wish there wasa way to force car to charge this up to full.

Cra arrived from dealer out if my area and Sat Nav already shows needs an update Can I do this myself as it appears I need to go to local dealer from mapcare info?

Image[/img]

Tucson interior original size.jpg

Tucson 8th Sep 2021 (edit).jpg

2021 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate with tech pack

Tucron

Post by Tucron »

A very nice car, looks great in red.
I read that updates could be done over the air but I don't have mine yet so can't confirm that.
Enjoy!
Tucsoned

Post by Tucsoned »

I have tried to find out about over the air updates but struggled . The registration number is recognised on the Hyundai service plan site but not Myhyundai which is where I think it might be
jd417

Post by jd417 »

Hi. Had mine since end April.
Very nice to drive.
Sat Nav very disappointing. Mine also required update a couple of weeks after getting car. According to my dealer the update has to be done by them, although the handbook appears to indicate differently. Routing is useless. There are no route options (fastest, shortest etc.) so you get what you're given. Took me along some extremely narrow lanes in Cornwall, one resulting in me having to reverse 500 yards to allow another two vehicle to pass. Very scary. I've switched to using my phone app for navigation using Android Auto.
I've had no real issues using Android Auto. The only problem is the split screen. It used to be fine but now when using Android Auto the smaller split section to the right of the screen can't be turned off. It shows the Android Auto icon but the small arrow used to turn the split on/off has disappeared. Also, the smaller screen can't be scrolled to display radio, weather, clock etc. like it does when I'm not using Android Auto. This may be due to an Android update.
Allin all though I'm liking the car. Just hoping I can get the small niggles ironed out.
Tucsoned

Post by Tucsoned »

Yes the way it seems to favour B and C roads is annoying to say the least . Years ago my Honda Civic allowed me to adjust speed traveled to get a better time and was generallya good system . This tooka slight downward turn when I went to the volvo I had next but the routing was still good . Now that seems to have gone withe Hyundai . It is one of the least user friendly .

Many of the car reviewers state that you don't need sat nav as using Google maps via Android auto is better . However this implementation with the split screen is poor and reception in rural ares sometimes causes issues .

Otherwise as you say I really like the car.
Sparkio

Post by Sparkio »

I just got the same car but in silver. Great isn't it! I contacted my local Hyundai dealer about a sat nav update and have booked it in - won't cost me I'm told
Tucsoned

Post by Tucsoned »

Thanks Sparkio ill contact dealer

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post