Just ordered a Tucson Ultimate plug-in hybrid

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi folks. On Sunday we had a test drive in the car and did what I said I wouldn't-ordered one without taking 24hrs to think about it. We had looked at one before but I normally like to sleep on things before parting with large amounts of money. Anyway we're looking forward to picking it up on Sept. 2nd and exploring everything it has to offer. For us it's a good size, seems a pleasant place to be and since it will mainly be used on short journeys, should have enough battery range for our needs. We're hoping to save money on fuel as the car it's replacing is petrol only, although the 2nd year RFL will eat into the savings-pity about that.

I'll be logging in on here most days in the future I suspect so will report on our experience of the car but for now it's just counting down the days till the 2nd. Then I'll be trying to work out how everything works. If anyone has any tips on how to get the best out of the hybrid facility, that would be great.

Thanks
Keith

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi again. I've just had an email from Podpoint, the EV charger supplier that our Hyundai dealer has passed our details to. Does anyone have any experience of Podpont ? Are there any alternative suppliers anyone can recommend? Obviously we need to get this sorted PDQ but I want to make reasonably sure we choose the right supplier.

Thanks

Keith
Simonjc1

Post by Simonjc1 »

Hi I ordered the same model last week but mines a factory order since I wanted a grey interior. I've been quoted 16 weeks - so likely to be early December, I'm expecting build date confirmation early Sept.

Will follow your posts with interest.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

We would have preferred a light interior but didn't want to wait. Perhaps you can post some photos when you get it. The huge sun roof helped in our decision to have the black interior. We considered several makes and models before settling on the Tucson and found manufacturers' obsession with black interiors very frustrating
paulb

Post by paulb »

If it's any comfort I'm as hesitant and cautious as you - normally - but I bought my Premium 230 Hybrid there and then. It's something about the driving experience that sells itself to you and I'm enjoying it a lot.
Proterra

Post by Proterra »

There are a lot of suppliers of charging points, Hyundai just happen to recommend Podpoint.
I went to McNally Electrical in Keighley. They were fantastic from start to finish and offer a range of chargers.
I went for the Indra one because I wanted to be able to use surplus solar power from our panels to charge the car.
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Thanks, Proterra. There don't seem to be that many around in the West Midlands but I am getting at least 1 other quote, besides Podpoint.I don't want to delay too long however or I'll be reliant on public charge points for a few weeks.
Proterra

Post by Proterra »

I beleive McNally are nationwide
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Thanks. The other company I contacted hasn't bothered to give me a quote yet, so I've gone with Podpoint. It could be a month before they can fit the charger so I'll have to manage with a 13 amp socket till then. Have I read somewhere that you shouldn't use an extension lead with the charger cable? If that's true I'll have to get a new socket fitted but that's a job any electrician can do , so shouldn't be problem.
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

If you re having to get a socket sorted why not just get the electrician to run the 30amp cabling that you will need for the charge point?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post