New owners hello

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
GrassSnake

Post by GrassSnake »

Hi all my 1st post....

I've just taken delivery of a 2021 Tuscon Ultimate.

My 1st SUV after years of driving Volvo & most recently Mazda 6 Estates.

My Mrs and I love the ride height and the included tech of the new car...

Hoping to pick up some tips and tricks to make the most of my new(ish) car

ATB

G.S.

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Welcome.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

GrassSnake wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 pm I've just taken delivery of a 2021 Tuscon Ultimate.
Welcome to the forum, ‘GrassSnake’.

You took a risk buying a ’Tuscon’. Most of us here drive the Tucson model and don’t have too many problems to report. Those with Tuscons can have wallet-draining issues and lots of whinges.😂

Hope your system update went well but if you have any problems, revisit these pages and one or other of the helpful owners with hands-on experience will help you through the process.

I may have missed it but which model, specifically, have you bought? Is it the full HEV, PHEV or MHEV? I can’t remember if the Ultimate trim level comes in all versions.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
GrassSnake

Post by GrassSnake »

Hi Indalo,
Thanks for your welcome reply.

My car is a 21 plate TUCSON (typed on my phone without glasses) "self charging" Hybrid model, or the HEV.

I didn't do the update last night, the thought of leaving my car running at the kerbside filed me with dread and I didn't have the time to sit in the car for 2 hours!

All the best

G.S.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

GrassSnake wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:53 am I didn't do the update last night, the thought of leaving my car running at the kerbside filed me with dread and I didn't have the time to sit in the car for 2 hours!
Thanks for clearing up the particular model derivation of your new acquisition. The HEV seems to be very popular among owners and does not suffer the PPF problems that afflict the MHEV range to a large degree. I have the same model and it has been faultless thus far though I have only covered 4000 miles.

I think you made a wise decision not to perform the update last evening as it’s best done during daylight hours when you have an hour or so free. If you followed the download & installation instructions exactly as described in the pages of the website.....

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/Main

.....then installation in the car doesn’t actually take very long. Be careful not to lose patience with it when you see a blank screen and start to wonder if it has got stuck. The infotainment unit stops and restarts several time before eventually displaying a message informing you that the update is complete. I sat in the car while the magic happened but didn’t actually time the process from start to completion. I can’t remember for certain but I think the update was achieved with the engine switched off. If I have that wrong, I’m sure one of the other contributors to these pages will correct me.

Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy the Tucson HEV. Now that the weather has warmed up a bit, my fuel economy has improved considerably since midwinter. A 50 mile round trip to Cambridge yesterday produced mid 50s mpg each way and the overall consumption figure so far is mid 40s so the picture looks good for decent average economy over the four seasons when the first anniversary of ownership occurs in early June.

The first 1,000 miles of acquaintance with my car was spent gently running-in the mechanicals without exerting the moving parts too much, too soon, by exploiting the upper reaches of the rev range. As yours is a 21 plate model, it should be nicely run-in by now.
Last edited by Indalo on Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
GrassSnake

Post by GrassSnake »

Thanks again for your reply!!

Its very early days but we are both enjoying the car, so far. 1st auto I've had in years and we had forgotten how much easier they are to drive, especially with the auto hold!!
The ride height is excellent and pretty smooth,
The Panoramic sunroof will be nice in the summer as well, I'm sure.
The car only has 6,400 miles on it, so its barely run in really.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

GrassSnake wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 am The car only has 6,400 miles on it, so its barely run in really.
👍
GrassSnake

Post by GrassSnake »

I bit the bullet last night and went for it. the ignition and engine needed to be on but the car only fired up once during the very simple 45 minute process... a few cosmetic changes to the menu options and the latest maps installed. pretty easy really, filling my time sitting in the car watching You Tube videos on how to use the cars features.

All the best!
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

I'm a bit late to this party, but for any others reading - you don't need to sit in a static car whilst this happens.
In my case, I begin the in car process before a 15 minute drive to the supermarket. At the supermarket I switch off the car and do the shopping. Drive back home after that and the process continues and by the time I reach home the process is either complete, or all but.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

pharaoh wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:03 pm I begin the in car process before a 15 minute drive to the supermarket. At the supermarket I switch off the car and do the shopping. Drive back home after that and the process continues and by the time I reach home the process is either complete, or all but.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t it warn in the notes that the engine should not be allowed to stop and start during the progress of the installation? There is provision to perform the installation with the engine switched off, however.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post