New Tucson owner

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

Hi
I've just joined here after taking delivery of my new Hybrid 1.6 T-GDI 230PS in Ultimate spec

Just a couple of minor issues thus far:-

1) don't seem to be able to disable the internal motion sensor when locking so cannot leave the dog in the car and lock it and/or leave a window or sunroof open for ventilation.

2) There does not seem to be a "tilt on reverse" feature on the nearside mirror, got so used to it on other cars.

Otherwise, day 2 and really liking it, I've not had a Hyundai since an i10 runabout about 10 years ago

Tucson side.JPG

Tucson interior.JPG

Tucson front.JPG

Darren625

Post by Darren625 »

Hi I too bought the same model last week.
I've got the same problem with the alarm system and have contacted the main dealer and awaiting a response.
I also asked about disabling the seat belt warning alarm for the rear when my dog travels with me.
I also don't seem to have the blue line system that starts the car with the blue link phone connection but utube videos show it being available.
Any response from the main dealer I'll post.
Thanks
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

I think I have found the settings that we are looking for, they are in "Vehicle Settings" > "Convenience" I have nor really tested them yet but see how it goes. At the moment I seem to be experiencing a reset of some features intermittently, mainly Climate control switched off on start up and when it is switched on it is set to 22degC.

Picture of settings screen:-

IMG_0441.JPG

mobbsc2000@aol.com

Post by mobbsc2000@aol.com »

My climate control does exactly the same, its intermittent, some time it switches on at the last used setting, other times it stays off until you press a button and it starts at 22C.......... reckon it will be a waste of time going to the dealer, they will look at you with a blank expression on their face......
Darren625

Post by Darren625 »

Yes the convenience menu worked to stop the car locking itself but still have a problem with the internal alarm sensors I can't disable them.
I had a reply from bluelink regarding starting the engine and setting temperature like it shows on utube turns out hyundai are saying due to legal reasons it will only be all electric tucsons that will be able to use this feature... Bit strange really as i replied that the tech pack allows the car to be moved as well as started
Darren625

Post by Darren625 »

I put a small piece of tape over the sensor it seems to work I left my dog in the car whilst I went to pay the doors were locked and the windows were down by 2 inches the alarm didn't go off, not really ideal but a quick fix till hyundai get back to me
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

mobbsc2000@aol.com wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:27 pm .......... reckon it will be a waste of time going to the dealer, they will look at you with a blank expression on their face......
Couldn't agree more :)
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

Darren625 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 pm Yes the convenience menu worked to stop the car locking itself but still have a problem with the internal alarm sensors I can't disable them.
So disabling the advanced anti-theft did not sort it? I wonder what it does do then?
Darren625

Post by Darren625 »

Bit of a bodge but a circle of metal tape over the sensor by the internal mirror stops the sensors working the dealer says the alarm sensors cannot be disconnected
PNN

Post by PNN »

I have the same problem with the internal alarm. Spoke to Hyundai main office tech support and there is no way to disable the internal sensors apart from covering as suggested by Darren. Odd really as a fair proportion of SUV buyers are likely to be dog owners. Let's hope that Hyundai come up with a software update to fix the issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post