Ex Tuscon owner and possiblr return.

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

Hi all, I'm a previous Tucson owner from Kirkheaton, Yorkshire.

I had a 2017 Tucson under the Motability scheme before I changed to my current Sportage purely because of the amount of kit it had over the Tucson.

I was due to order my next car last month but have extended my lease as there were no cars available that took my fancy.

I've got used to all the bells and whistles on my Sportage GT Line S Mild Hybrid AWD Auto but that model isn't available as yet.

I've visited my local Hyundai dealer who supplied my last Tucson and am quite taken with the newer model, the Ultimate model seems to all the features I have on my Sportage plus a few more and the Mild Hybrid Auto is available on Motability.

I would really like the HEV Hybrid version but that isn't available yet, I have decided to wait until the October list comes out and will choose the highest spec. modal available between Hyundai and Kia.

In the meantime I would appreciate any feedback on the latest Tucson in either mild or full hybrid Auto, I’m not interested in the plugin one.

Many thanks in advance.
2023 Tucson Ultimate Automatic Petrol MHEV Serenity White Pearl.

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

The Tucson ultimate model has a panoramic sunroof, and that little glass strip between the sunroof and windscreen that will smash into a million pieces if a feather touches it (and like everything Hyundai, won't be covered under warranty).
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

MikeSwift wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 pm Hi all, I'm a previous Tucson owner from Kirkheaton, Yorkshire.

I had a 2017 Tucson under the Motability scheme before I changed to my current Sportage purely because of the amount of kit it had over the Tucson.

I was due to order my next car last month but have extended my lease as there were no cars available that took my fancy.

I've got used to all the bells and whistles on my Sportage GT Line S Mild Hybrid AWD Auto but that model isn't available as yet.

I've visited my local Hyundai dealer who supplied my last Tucson and am quite taken with the newer model, the Ultimate model seems to all the features I have on my Sportage plus a few more and the Mild Hybrid Auto is available on Motability.

I would really like the HEV Hybrid version but that isn't available yet, I have decided to wait until the October list comes out and will choose the highest spec. modal available between Hyundai and Kia.

In the meantime I would appreciate any feedback on the latest Tucson in either mild or full hybrid Auto, I’m not interested in the plugin one.

Many thanks in advance.
The Tucson is a great car. I have the Ultimate Hybrid and have had very few issues and even when I have, they have be rectified quickly by Hyundai under warranty. No problems with the roof thus far and I do make frequent journeys on the motorway.

I tested both Sportage and Tucson. They drive pretty much the same. As others have said previously, I would also like the Tucson body with the Sportage interior as it's even nicer than the Tucsons. There is a Tucson facelift due in 2024 so will be interesting to see what changes.

I'm not aware of many forum users with the MHEV version so have no idea how that version performs but I seem to recall there are 2WD/4WD manual and auto versions available. The Auto is a 7 speed DCT rather than the 6 speed traditional auto in the full hybrid. If you haven't already, you can download the spec sheets from Hyundais website. I guess the same for the Sportage from Kia.

Whichever one you choose I don't think you will be disappointed.
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

Thanks for the reply, I agree about the interiors, being a tight Yorkshireman and careful with money, short arms deep pockets, I have downloaded all the specs and studied them carefully and they are both great, I think the choice will be sorted by the first to appear on the Motability list.

Kirkheaton is in the lower Pennines so AWD would be helpful if we had snow, the Sportage was brilliant last winter, but I can live without it.

I've just trawled through the available cars on the list and to be honest non of them would make me choose them.
2023 Tucson Ultimate Automatic Petrol MHEV Serenity White Pearl.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post