Just bought a 2023 Ultimate

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Beards

Post by Beards »

NewMrP wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 pm As mine is a company car through a lease provider the general rule is that they have to be built to order cars rather than ‘off the shelf’. The guy with the X1 ordered his a little before mine and by the time it comes it will have taken around 5 months, which I take it will be about average. No idea about the Tesla. They seem a law unto themselves. I understand you don’t really have options with them so perhaps ‘built to order’ isn’t really a thing if they are all the same…?! Last car was a ford kuga which took 9 months which was bad enough but Hyundai must be struggling with a 12 month lead time. Had I known before I placed the order I may have rethought. However I like the car so I’ll sit it out. Who knows, maybe I’ll be lucky and it will turn up before the year is out…..
If you would like to know what waiting is like, take a look at the dates in my signature…
However, it does not bother me.. Life is for relaxing in the Peak District… Until the RAC ring me at 2am and ask if I can get my tractor down the road to pull a tourist out of the ditch!
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Beards wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:27 am
NewMrP wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 pm As mine is a company car through a lease provider the general rule is that they have to be built to order cars rather than ‘off the shelf’. The guy with the X1 ordered his a little before mine and by the time it comes it will have taken around 5 months, which I take it will be about average. No idea about the Tesla. They seem a law unto themselves. I understand you don’t really have options with them so perhaps ‘built to order’ isn’t really a thing if they are all the same…?! Last car was a ford kuga which took 9 months which was bad enough but Hyundai must be struggling with a 12 month lead time. Had I known before I placed the order I may have rethought. However I like the car so I’ll sit it out. Who knows, maybe I’ll be lucky and it will turn up before the year is out…..
If you would like to know what waiting is like, take a look at the dates in my signature…
However, it does not bother me.. Life is for relaxing in the Peak District… Until the RAC ring me at 2am and ask if I can get my tractor down the road to pull a tourist out of the ditch!

As long as they pay you then it's a good phone call :)
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
Beards

Post by Beards »

Unimatrix wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:20 pm
As long as they pay you then it's a good phone call :)
They do but I offer my services for free (community spirit).
However, the local council still keep me busy in both winter & summer… Winter, snow clearing and summer, hedge and tree topping. They definitely do not get that for free. 😉
peteh

Post by peteh »

Beards wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:27 am
Indeed, your signature is quite horrific! What does 'refused' mean in this context?
Thanks.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 in Engine Red with Moss Grey Leather interior
Beards

Post by Beards »

peteh wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:43 am
Indeed, your signature is quite horrific! What does 'refused' mean in this context?
Thanks.
It is a long story but suffice to say the dealer got it wrong and did not order the car that I had written proof of original order.
I ordered an interior of Moss Grey but received Black. The look of sadness on my wife’s face when she saw the black gave me enough strength to say “No, Refused”.
Saltcreek

Post by Saltcreek »

Well I got my Tucson on the 7th. Overall very happy but I find it can be a bit noisy in the city depending on the road surface. Seems like the tyres plus hybrid system can make some noise. It had gotten better with some wear on the tyres but from what the dealership has told me all is fine.

On the motorway it is very quite.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post