Further reset issues

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
dylan2910

Post by dylan2910 »

Car is a 2022 hybrid ultimate purchased in Nov 2021, software was updated in Nov 2022 to try to solve the reset issues (climate control screen blank upon starting car and fuel consumption reset to zero). There is no set interval between resets, sometimes goes several days sometimes only 24 hours, last reset was within 24 hrs of a non-stop100 mile journey All had been well until about 3 weeks ago when issue resurfaced, car is now in dealer in attempt to solve this.Maybe there is a further software update, also asked dealer to adjust petrol filler flap as reported in other posts, showed service dept other new Tucsons in sales show room where flap was flush Will post results when vehicle is collected and report

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

This is a known issue which most think is caused by the 12v battery not being powerful enough to last more than a few days due to it having to run things even when switched off. The latest update is December 2022 - which doesn't make any difference.

What helps is using it every day, even if only for a few miles. But even then, as you have found out, it's not perfect.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Others along with myself are reporting that this issue has resurfaced with a vengeance very recently. Until around 2 weeks ago, I had no resets for 6 months and I was hopeful the last software update had cured it. Vehicle pattern of use has not changed and it's happening 2/3 times a week currently.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

Dylan, I wish you well without any optimism that you will succeed. If you do, it will be a major breakthrough.
I have a theory about this.
My car suffered resets until September last year and then went 6 months without any reoccurences. So I thought I'd got it cracked by carrying out the exercise of leaving the car in the 'ready' mode for at least 30 minutes each week. That seemed to work until recently when the resets have started again.
My theory is that, with the warmer weather, the car runs on EV much more than in the winter and so the battery depletes quicker.
I maybe right, or it's just another theory.
On a more practical level, I suggest that we all email Hyundai to complain about this problem at
customer.query@hyundai.co.uk
and post whatever replies we may receive.
If they receive enough complaints maybe they will get their act together and do something practical to remedy the situation.
There is always strength in numbers.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Polar bear

Post by Polar bear »

I have also found that the resets have started happening again over the last month. Don’t recall it happening at all during the winter. I would agree with it being a temperature thing. During the winter the car would always start the engine temporarily with the ignition, but now the outside air temp is higher it always begins with battery only. It doesn’t bother me a great deal, I always consider the car quite good value for money and forgive its faults.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The 12v battery is not the same as the traction battery, so having charge in it (the traction one) won’t stop the resets.

Essentially the 12v depletes to a level where settings (aircon, cluster etc) are not retained.

For me this happens when the car is left for a prolonged period, and the battery depletes. Last time was February when the car was left unused for a week…

Mine is 2021 version, and there have been at least 3 software updates since I’ve owned it, and it still happens. I’m
Not holding out for a long term fix at this point.

That said, it’s a minor inconvenience, which does not deter from enjoying the car.
dylan2910

Post by dylan2910 »

Software updated last wed (7th June), as outlined by others this has not cured the issue, it reset today. Dealer says Hyundai are aware of this problem but there is no fix yet . On a positive note the fuel filler flap issue was rectified and I now have a flush fitting flap
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The infotainment/nav software update is very unlikely to ever fix the reset issue. From the last 3 updates, I’ve only ever seen minor cosmetic and some UX changes. I’d expect dedicated battery firmware, which only a dealer could do, or a back end/server side fix for this.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Mine has just reset for the third time this week!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
domestoz

Post by domestoz »

I had another reset yesterday. The 3rd time.
i thought it would do, as I had a usage warning on my Samsung phone that Bluelink was active too often. Went to the car and everything had reset again.
That's the second time I had that now, but both the mobile signal was fine, compared to last time which it was very poor to no signal.
2023 N LINE S Hybrid 230

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post