Good choice???

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Hi everyone, been reviewing the forum for a while and found it to be very interesting and informative,so thought I would join😁.
I am presently awaiting delivery of an ultimate hybrid 2wd with tech pack 230hp.Hoping this forum will prove to be useful as both myself and my wife aren't very computer savvy and expect to be daunted with the high tech of the car in the coming months.
Firstly may I ask ? Have we made a reasonable choice of car? I have no experience of Hyundai and I was swayed by apparent comfort,design internal and exterior,and mpg.Initially interested in the PHEV but couldn't justify the higher road tax which defeats the purpose of trying to reduce my motoring cost.I seriously considered the Rav4 but thought it to be more yute like than a car.
A few questions about the Tucson perhaps you may be able answer.All opinions appreciated.
How vivid are Hyundai dealerships ,I am considering Useing one in Stockport South Manchester?
What realistic Mpg should I expect? Heard Hyundai figures are unrealistic ?
Purchased vehicle price, ultimate hybrid with tech pack 2wd 230hp for £34000 cash . Is this a reasonable price?
Where is the car made i have been told chec republic by some and Korea by others😀
Any other info or things I should be aware of much appreciated.
Trust you all had a good Xmas and I thank you for your response.
Hopefully I will be of some assistance in the future

Big S

Post by Big S »

Hi
I have owned an Ultimate 230ps for the last 10 months and can honestly say yes you have made a great choice.
The ultimate is very good value for money compared to its competitors as you get a great deal of standard kit which
other brands want to charge you extra for. May be why it has been voted car of 2022 by What car mag.
I wanted a Pano Roof so had to go for the Ultimate, glad I did as it makes the cabin a lot brighter if you have the
full black leather interior. I use the tilt mode quite a bit in milder weather.
I would have gone full electric but as I intend to drive abroad petrol electric was the only option for now, if I was driving
in U.K only would have waited for the Ioniq 5.
Not sure about how vivid Hyundai Dealers are in general because you would have to visit a few to compare each one.
Having bought loads of cars/vans in my time dealers will usually tell you the good points to secure a deal and some
sales persons don't have a clue about what they are selling you except it is made of metal and has 4 wheels!!!
Stated MPG figures are not compiled from real life driving, I am getting between 35-40 driving in all situations with
sport and eco driving modes which I feel is O.K. All depends what you do with your right foot!!!
Price wise I think you have done O.K in the current car market, you may have secured a good deal if you signed up
in December as it may have been the dealers end of quarter and they needed to shift extra units to reach their target.
European cars are made in Turkey or as you have said in the Czech Republic.
The only very small issue I have with mine is the fancy metal part located in the front seat backs which can dig into
your back sometimes on long journeys but that may be the way I am sitting.
All in all a great car with a long warranty as an added bonus.
If you need further info no doubt members on here will assist you or use your friend called Google.
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Thanks for your comments ,car due March 10 th so will be a 22 plate, build date 9 th of feb, although wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed. Once again thank you for your opinion

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post