New car trashed

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

All passed on to my insurance company who are pursuing the builder for cost of works. I will be wanting 're reimbursement of all expenses ect. No apology from builder and Any new car experience destroyed when looking at a car scratched to hell. Approx repair cost £5k.
Still awaiting buy!see to accept liable ,can't see how he can't really. But will name and shame him on social media if required. Sure local press would be interested in pics and story of I need to go down that route.
Neighbour a complete arse, I appreciate he didn't do it but his attitude sums him up as the tw#t he really is .

Al94

Post by Al94 »

The neighbour is legally responsible. He employed the builder to work on his property and it was up to him to ensure that the builder had adequate insurance cover in place. I expect your insurance company will pursue both.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Great news it’s moving forward. Hopefully once your car is repaired it’ll look brand new again and you can get out and enjoy the Summer with it. Thanks for the update 👍
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi Itchycat1 any news about your car, has it been sorted??
Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Fingers crossed it has and you are now able to enjoy it again 🤞
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Approx ten weeks on ,builder not responding to insurance company by phone or letter,saga insurance,dragging their feet and only acting on my instruction when I can get through to them. Have been given a claims advisor who I have attempted to call on 37 occasions before receiving a response. Asked him if:
Arranged car to be repaired? Answer No
Received cost of damage / report of damage .Ans No
Managed to contact builder . Answer No.

So in ten weeks saga have done very little achieved nothing, and have informed myself unless the builder choses to respond to them and accept the responsibility of causing damage,there is very little they can do ??? Other than charge myself the excess .
You wouldn't want to be a party to my response and I have suggested they start acting like an insurance company ,provide the service i have paid for ,as I am not prepared to pay the access on the claim due to their unethical ,unprofessional inability to do their job..

This is saga insurance be warned
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello Itchycat 1. I'm not 100% ( 90%+tho') sure about this but it's quite possible that Saga would be doing all that they are actually required to do under the terms of your contract with them, if they merely pay for the repairs to your car, less any applicable excess. Whether they pursue the guilty party would, I suspect, be a matter for their discretion and they might choose not to. Your contract of insurance probably gives Saga the right to recover the money but doesn't place them under any obligation to do so. The builder might know this and decide he's got nothing to lose by ignoring Saga. You could/threaten to make a formal complaint to Saga-that will be time consuming for them-and investigate whether the insurance ombudsman would be interested if Saga won't try to recover the repair costs but I doubt they will to be honest.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

If you have the builders name can you not find out if they have public liability insurance and if they do pass the details on to SAGA? Also did you check to see if you have legal expense cover as I would want to be utilising that if I had it?
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Yorkie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:27 pm Also did you check to see if you have legal expense cover as I would want to be utilising that if I had it?
As Yorkie said if you had the legal expenses option on your insurance policy use that to by pass Saga. I have done this before for a claim when the insurers were dragging their heels and had much, much better and quicker service etc.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Car finally in for repair, bonnet and full driver side resorts ,new rear passenger window and new front grille costing £4 - 5 k.
Saga insurance completely useless, car taken in two days ago and still waiting for courtesy car😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post