2019 MODEL PROBLEMS

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Evrosstavrou

Post by Evrosstavrou »

Good morning everybody.

Anybody for 2019 model is phasing the below problems?
1.Radio glass screen.
2. Sit belts became loose
3.Rails and doors black frame paint started to go.

Please let me know

Thanks

Evros

SEAT BELT PHOTO 2.jpg

SEAT BELT PHOTO 1.jpg

SCREEN CONDITION.jpg

RAILS PHOTO 1.jpg

External frame doors.jpg

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Evrosstavrou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:23 am Good morning everybody.

Anybody for 2019 model is phasing the below problems?
1.Radio glass screen.
2. Sit belts became loose
3.Rails and doors black frame paint started to go.

Please let me know

Thanks6

Evros
My friend has a 2019, I will ask them if they have had any issues and report back if they have.

The radio, when I zoom in on the pictures, it looks like the remnants of a screen protector and that it would just peel off. It looks like someone has already tried.

The roof rails and door frames. That looks like a bit like sun damage. You can buy replacement stickers for the door frames as I've seen them online. Have you tried a 'back to black' type treatment or some type of UV protector/Colour restorer.
Evrosstavrou

Post by Evrosstavrou »

Good morning and thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the radio glass started to broke loose and Hyundai Cyprus is telling me that is not covered from the 5 years warranty, as in the car manual that I was given after the delivery of the car, it has 3 years warranty. And they do not accept to replace it.

Regarding the paint job I believe you are correct. The paint quality in not the correct to protect the part from 50+ Celsius temperate that we have in Cyprus in summer time. But I cannot keep all day the car in shade. I have to go at work :) Again Hyundai Cyprus do not accept to cover it although the 12 years paint warranty.

The car has only 50k km on it.

And with these problems occurred is loosing its after sale price.........(:

Thanks
old man

Post by old man »

You likely have different laws and trading standards over there to us, but if Hyundai are selling new cars in Cyprus and the paint is deteriorating already, then I'd say the car isn't completely fit for purpose and some form of recourse should be open to you.
Having said that, I have no experience of car ownership in a hot climate, but when I venture into a country with a hot climate, I do notice that sun damage to cars is much more apparent than it is over here. In many places I see sun canopies provided by businesses e.g. supermarkets, so sun damage is a known phenomena.
From that. I deduce that owners of cars in hot climates should take more care of them e.g. park them in the shade and/or use a product to polish them that has a UV inhibitor in it.
I assume that you are not the first owner of the car ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Evrosstavrou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 am Good morning and thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the radio glass started to broke loose and Hyundai Cyprus is telling me that is not covered from the 5 years warranty, as in the car manual that I was given after the delivery of the car, it has 3 years warranty. And they do not accept to replace it.

Regarding the paint job I believe you are correct. The paint quality in not the correct to protect the part from 50+ Celsius temperate that we have in Cyprus in summer time. But I cannot keep all day the car in shade. I have to go at work :) Again Hyundai Cyprus do not accept to cover it although the 12 years paint warranty.

The car has only 50k km on it.

And with these problems occurred is loosing its after sale price.........(:

Thanks
It's a difficult one as 50+ degrees in the uk is unheard of, so we don't have the same UV problems. I assume you have checked the terms and conditions of the paint warranty in your handbook? Have you seen any similar age Tucsons in Cyprus with the same paint deterioration? Again a difficult one, as they may have spent more time undercover than your car. In the meantime, best endeavours and get a UV protection coating applied.

The radio, I have seen replacement units on ebay for £180 upwards but that is on uk ebay site. Not ideal but if you did get a replacement I would try to source a screen protector for it and ideally one with a UV filter (if such a thing exists).

Assume your seatbelts were/are fixable under warranty?
Evrosstavrou

Post by Evrosstavrou »

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

No neither the seat belts where fixed. They told to wash the belt it self. Is unbelievable this kind of bad service.................................
ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

I would say that the paint problem is sun related,as I lived in Spain for 9 years and had a Renault Scenic there and every time I washed the car more and more laquer just seemed to peel of it.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning
Evrosstavrou

Post by Evrosstavrou »

Hello and thank you. How old was the car when the laquer started to peel off?
ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

Evrosstavrou wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:49 am Hello and thank you. How old was the car when the laquer started to peel off?
4 years.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post