Build Quality

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Well having now clocked up 6000 miles in 6 months, a new month seems to bring a new problem, build quality wise, the number of squeaks, rattles & creaks seem to grown ever more pronounced every week, from the sunroof constantly creaking to random rattles from the headlining and back seats, is anyone else experiencing this, this is our 4th Hyundai and so far appears to be the worst built, from miss aligned passenger door panel to dash, rear doors that require slamming or else they won’t close.

Another issue that’s appeared this week, when running in EV mode at speeds between 25 & 30 mph the motor surges causing a back and forth motion, a mild kangerooing type of motion if that makes sense.

I’ve given up getting any help from local dealer as they’re totally disinterested.

Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Engine Red.

Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

As an addition to my above comments I will add that my son has an N Line S Hybrid that he’s had 4 months and done over 8000 miles in, his is far better built having non of the built issues we are experiencing.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

My sunroof also makes the occasional squeak, but overall the car has been good. Saying that, one thing I have noticed only recently, is when moving off, either from reverse or forward, there is a click sound coming somewhere from the frontal dash/lower dash area or transmission tunnel. Only happens the once, but is audible.

Mine has done just over 5000 miles since January.

I only intend on keeping the car for a few more months, so hopefully nothing else crops up in that time, and there is no way I’d take this issue to a dealer to triage!
EJH

Post by EJH »

All I can say is, if it was mine it would be back to the dealers or a nagging phone call to Hyundai customer services. If your local dealer is disinterested, let Customer services know. Hopefully not a Friday afternoon build! Good luck.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Well I’ve complained to Hyundai about the issues all it got me was extra s****y service from the dealer the last time it went in.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Also the suppling dealer won’t help because they’re upset at me for reporting them to Hyundai for being total w*****s
ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

Sounds like your next step is to go to the next nearest dealer and see if they will help. Just because one dealer supplied the car doesn't mean you have to stay with them...
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post