Wing mirrors - dimensions

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
msrdspw

Post by msrdspw »

Hi everyone, I have a Tucson PHEV 1.6 TGDi Premium on order and am worried about whether it'll fit through my gates. I've seen that the width of the car is 1865mm, but including unfolded wing mirrors it is 2070mm, which would be extremely tight for my gateway (which measures 2130mm). Does anyone know the overall width of the car with the wing mirrors in the folded position?

Philr

Post by Philr »

Looks to be 1865mm, although I didn't measure it, as the edge of the folded mirror looks to be in line with the edge of the wheel arch.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
old man

Post by old man »

You'd best be widening your gateway or choose another car then !
More seriously; It would have been easier with two people, but I measured this on my own and it's pretty accurate.
The total width from mirror wingtips with mirrors folded OUT is 2130mm.
The total width to mirror edges with them folded IN is 1900mm. This is not such an accurate measurement as the first one as I couldn't see the extremities properly on my own, However, it's not far off.
You'll have read in the other thread that the door mirrors can be folded in via a switch on the door. That is true and should alleviate your problem, but I haven't tested to see if they only stay folded in up to 6mph as mentioned in the same thread.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
msrdspw

Post by msrdspw »

Thanks for the info - very useful. I can widen the gateway by removing the gates and concrete gate posts, but would rather not if at all possible.
Deleted User 758

Post by Deleted User 758 »

old man wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:55 am The total width to mirror edges with them folded IN is 1900mm.
Oh, that's useful. I have a garage an insist on using it to store a car rather than a pile of boxes, a freezer or use it as a gym. My neighbouts think I'm weird!

I have about 2 metres at the door and can squeeze my Octavia estate in when I (manually) fold the driver's door mirror in.
old man

Post by old man »

I have a garage an insist on using it to store a car rather than a pile of boxes, a freezer or use it as a gym
How strange !! :o
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post