Warning beeps on bumps in the road?

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
XADE

Post by XADE »

I keep getting beeps (warning like seatbelt off), seems to be on bumps, sometimes random. No warning /error messages at all, which seems insane for a car with all these sensors.

Any way to diagnose by counting the beeps or accessing hidden menus? I know some cars have readers? Where are the sensors on the tailgate if something like that?

Must have gone off 100 times in 2hrs worth of driving (me nuts!) :)
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

old man

Post by old man »

First thing that springs to mind is speed camera warnings.
Do you have that function turned on ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
XADE

Post by XADE »

old man wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:41 pm First thing that springs to mind is speed camera warnings.
I thought the same at first, but I think it's just triggered by a certain amount of speed / vibration.l, as it's exactly when you hit a pothole or bumps on quicker roads. We did have a lot of stuff in the boot, so perhaps something pressuring the tailgate sensors to move. It just seems odd that the tailgate open warning wouldn't show (if there is one).
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:41 pm First thing that springs to mind is speed camera warnings.
... or even just speed limit warnings if you have these on.
Tucson PHEV Premium
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Or, one of the sensors is misaligned.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
XADE

Post by XADE »

alan sh wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:40 am Or, one of the sensors is misaligned.
I will take out for a spin today, but I am thinking if it was something like this I would be getting a warning message as well as beep? Beeps can be as long as 30 seconds (happened a couple of times).

How do you disable the speed limit warnings? I know you can set them like cruise control.
old man

Post by old man »

XADE wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:44 am
I will take out for a spin today, but I am thinking if it was something like this I would be getting a warning message as well as beep? Beeps can be as long as 30 seconds (happened a couple of times).

How do you disable the speed limit warnings? I know you can set them like cruise control.
If you mean you're getting a continuous beep that lasts for 30 secs that won't be speed or camera alerts as these give a beep, beep, beep for as long as you're over the speed limit or in a camera zone.
However, to turn speed and camera alerts on and off;
Go to home screen on infotainment screen.
Press NAV
Press SETTINGS at top left of page.
Press DISPLAY then VEHICLE SPEED and tick/untick box.

For camera alerts;
After pressing SETTINGS as above, press ALERTS, then tick/untick box.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
XADE

Post by XADE »

old man wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 am
XADE wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:44 am

If you mean you're getting a continuous beep that lasts for 30 secs that won't be speed or camera alerts as these give a beep, beep, beep for as long as you're over the speed limit or in a camera zone.
However, to turn speed and camera alerts on and off;
Go to home screen on infotainment screen.
Press NAV
Press SETTINGS at top left of page.
Press DISPLAY then VEHICLE SPEED and tick/untick box.

For camera alerts;
After pressing SETTINGS as above, press ALERTS, then tick/untick box.
Thank you!

Driven twice since, one longer run, and I think there's no beeps now (after turning off speed limit assist)! I wonder if I accidentally changed the tolerance so I was getting beeping even below the limit. There was also some dirt (only small) over the camera that detects things, so maybe that too was contributing to some odd readings when I was way under motorway limits.

Hopefully that is resolved.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post